Closed Thread
Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope - that's great they are testing poo. Will be good to get some solid answers. Did paed say anything about nan comfort? I wonder why the new formula would taste awful? Let me know how you go with it. Now that ds is 12 weeks I may try nan ha gold after I've finished with comfort.

Great job about taking him to a friend's place. Yay for you! In those circumstance when you feed do you just give room temperature or do you still heat it up? Aw first swim at least he didn't cry

@Minib well you gave it a shot. Those things do look hard to use I don't think ds would tolerate them. How much formula does your daughter get per day now? I'm going to slowly increase formula intake as expressing 630ml a day is too time consuming

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All these hydrolysed formulas taste awful as i was told on the other thread. HA is generally for hypoallergic babies. That's why i was told to switch to it by the gastroenterologist. It will help a bit if DS has milk allergy. If no luck, we will have to go prescription formula, ie complete cow milk protein free. I really hope it isn't the case.

I don't know your friend's logic behind switching to Nan HA gold after 3 months. I thought babies would be well tolerant with allergy as their immune system building up the older they get. I would assume Nan HA first and then nan comfort later. Anyway, there are so many different type of formula out there. I ain't expert.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, when we go out, we just give the milk at room temperature.

PS: oh...there is nothing wrong with Nan comfort. In fact, it works well for many babies. The switch is due to DS stomach which shows no improvement since he was born. DS shows some symptoms of allergy.
    Last edited by bbhope; 17-01-2016 at 13:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I just wanted to make sure that it's ok she doesn't poop daily with nan gold ha. I tried the S teat and she likes it. Cuts out feeding time by half. With SS lately she's been falling asleep instead of feed properly as it's hard work I think. I've tried a bit of the formula lol. Curious. Tastes slightly sweet. BM is the same hehe.

Well done @bbhope on going to the party. Do you think you will go out more now?
    @Gelati I don't express that much during the day now especially on the weekend. We go out instead. So on the weekend she has more formula top up as we are out and about. I always express at night about 3 times. Yesterday she had about 300ml formula top up. On Friday though only 160ml I think as I was home so I expressed heaps. I have decided not to stress about how much BM vs formula as long as she gets some BM I'm happy. It's another week tomorrow so my goal is to mix feed until end of next week then reassess again hehe.

I expressed this morning after a feed before we went out. I got 10ml haha. But last night at 3 am I got 90ml 3 let down 30 minutes. I tried to look at pictures of her when I express. Apparently it could help with letdown

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh when I'm out I carry a small thermos of warm water so the formula is warm still. I don't carry EBM when I'm out. I think it's too hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope oh didn't realise ha stands for hypoallergenic. Haha. My friend said paed recommended it to her. I'll change to ha gold once I'm done see if ds is ok with it.

@Minib - I feel like I'm giving ds more and more formula as the days go on. About 180-200 a day now. He was feeding on me better the last two days but I've felt like he doesn't get enough from me so I'm starting to let go of breastfeeding. He probably wants 150ml per feed now and I don't produce that much. Used to be 120ml per feed. I think he would prefer less feeds and 150ml per feed. he sleeps longer now with a fuller belly. Good idea re the thermos. I'm gonna do full formula when I'm out. So jealous of ladies who have so much milk and can feed in 10 minutes!! No formula, no bottles. I hate expressing too. My nipples get so worn out. I'm putting on Lansinoh cream before every express now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I used to stress about not keeping up on supply but now I see any BM is a bonus. We just swapped the teat to slow flow instead of super slow. DD might start to reject my boobs soon. Hopefully not.

I agree! I wish I could just go out without formula and only BF for 10 mins. I am jealous of those ladies too.

You've done really well @Gelati to BF for so long. Before you know it, your son will be on solids and you won't even care that much about BF. It's a whole lot of different worries ahead of you haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Minib. Like you im taking 1 week at a time. I don't express at night. That's when I have the most milk so I leave it for ds he seems ok to feed at night feeds.

Your daughter likes the flow fast! Ds is still on slow flow teat.

I'm so tired today. Being at my mums I can't keep to my Schedule cos she's always up and about and doesn't go to sleep till 11 regardless of when he goes to sleep. So there's good and bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: every baby is different in term of poop frequency. I want DS to poop everyday because it relieves his tummy. He is very gassy so gas build up is not good. He gets very unsettled. That's why we started probiotic. That helps. At the moment, we have the opposite issue which i think is bacteria infection. I stopped probiotic until this issue clears up.

As long as her poo looks normal, i won't worry about it! My friend told me that her BF baby didn't poop for 7 days. I thought BF baby would have gone a bit more often than that!

I thought about thermo flask. However, i don't think it can be sterilized. Well, I dont think we are doing 100% sterilization anyway. Dummy can't be sterilized everytime he spits it out.

Yes, i think we will go out more but in baby step. That's because DS can't fall asleep by himself just yet. DS seems bored at home. We find that he seems to be curious about the surrounding. We went to wollies today with him. He was ok until he got overtired. He cried so i picked him up. When we got home, he crashed straight away. Not long, though. Another 30 mins cat nap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great job on the 90ml @Minib! You are very dedicated for getting up at 3am to pump for you daughter. It really is a new level of love and devotion!