Closed Thread
Page 53 of 100 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Really @bbhope? Ds ate heaps yesterday it was 41 degrees and he had 820ml! But I think our son is a pig just keeps eating but today he must still be full from yesterday cos only had 2 meals since morning??? I don't really know what's going on with him. He slept 1.5 hrs this morning and now sleeping another 1.5 hrs. I hope he's getting enough food today. So far he's probably only eaten 250ml! It's already 3pm!! But nurse said don't worry just follow his lead. If he's hungry you will know it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's what my friend told me. It is hard to say with DS because he hasn't increased his total amount since he dropped 1 night feed. He used to take 120ml x 6 per day. Now, down to 120ml x 5 per day (with the occasion of 150ml), which is <700ml! Before this happens, he could take slightly more one day and less one day. DS is massive anyway. last weighted 6.5kg! Not that he needs more. Perhaps he slows down on his growth now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope yes I think maybe his growth is evening out. If he was hungry he would let you know. My friend said her Bub started eating less too. Our Bub is only 5.6kg at the moment. Skinny little thing! He takes about 120-150 per feeding. Yesterday he had so much so today he has had very little. Still about 120-150 per feed but so far only 3 feeds. Very unusual. And sleeping at least 1 hr per session. Yes probably over ate yesterday. He did a big poo this arvo tho so at least I know he isn't constipated. How is the sleeping going today?

@Minib are you having a better day today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls. I'm having a better day today. She's been sleeping pretty much the whole arvo. Should be awake anytime now for a feed. She wanted to feed more yesterday when jr was hot. About every 2.5 hours. I just follow her lead and not worry too much about her intake. But overall she drinks about 600ml-650ml a day. If she has too much she will let me know. She will have a little spew.

Last weigh in at 4 weeks she was 4.1kg at 48th percentile. So she's average weight. She looks long and skinny though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati that's good to know re BM. Is that why her formula intake hasn't really increased because my BM is keeping her full anyway?
    @bbhope I could also see us attending a sleep school in the future. Might not be 6 months. Think it will be earlier so I can get better sleep haha. I'm so mean!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to ask OB today. Will probiotic help? As in if I take probiotic will it help my baby to poo?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib good to hear she was better for you today and you got a break. I'm not sure if it will help. But I think every baby is different so of popping every couple of days is normal for your Bub then there's nothing wrong with that unless you feel like she is in pain etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh it could be why her intake hasn't increased much. Who knows but I think being guided by bubs is good advice and no more than 150ml per feeding I heard? Maybe as the get older it's ok? Who knew feeding would be so tricky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Probiotic helps DS poop. We are happy to give it to him until the poop event that started last week.
    @Gelati: no luck with nap today. He was sleeping on and off this morning. Got 1.5hrs in total. Then haven't really had a nap since 1:30pm! It is nearly 5pm! I could tell that he was tired. Just when he was about to fall asleep at 3pm, he got hungry and needed to poop AGAIN. The sucking motion relieves his stomach pain. On an interesting note today, he seemed being able to "tell me" that he was tired and needed a nap. He looked at me and did a new whinny sound. He just wanted me to "help" him. So he didn't let out a big cry this morning when i put him to nap in the swing. OK, he still cried but wasn't extreme. He has been trying since 1:30pm without any luck. I tried cot, swing back and forward but no luck. He is frustrated and tired!!! Wow...i didn't know that sleeping is a skill that a baby has to learn -- at least to my DS anyway.

Anyhow, just when i am typing this, he falls asleep in the swing now.

We went for 2 walks. A morning one and an afternoon one. Maybe will bring him to the station to pick up DH if he wakes up before then, although i just want him to make up the lack of nap this afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bub had 180ml once couple days ago. I stopped at that point. He didn't have much that morning, though. It depends on the age and individual baby. Some babies have bigger stomach. DS tends to be full at 120ml mark. Yes, when he has had enough, he will make a huge fuss!
    @Minib: your DD seems to be pretty good in term of sleep to me! Everything is relatively, isn't it?