Closed Thread
Page 52 of 100 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I thought all formula are cow milk based (unless specified)?

Haha....DH wants to tape the dummy to DS mouth too. @Minib: i can't tell you exactly if week 5 is bad. With DS (being colicy), every day was difficult and that started after we left the hospital. His crying peak at week 7 for us and he is still a catnapper. So...today and yesterday, i just let him nap in the swing. No fuss and fall asleep on his own with the dummy. I occasionally put it back in for him when he lost it. There are good and bad days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure @bbhope I really should do research on formula and not just rely on GP or paed.

Oh peak at 7 week. Gosh I'm dreading it. Everyone told me things will get easier after the first 6 weeks.
    @bbhope I really feel for you. Not sure how you got through the last 3 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay for finding a babysitter @bbhope! It's just so expensive. Ridiculous. Wish I was living in Asia during times like this and help is cheaper.

@Minib - poor thing big hugs. It will get better. They all say it peaks at 6 weeks so hang in there. She may have a great day tmr. Each day is different.

Dummy may not be working anymore. Can you try wean her off it? I'm at my mums and we've started using dummy and I'm so scared about it falling that I only use it to calm him down and then I pull it out. Can you do that? Pull it out before she's fully asleep? Can't wait till I can get this breastfeeding thing sorted so I can go home and try get him to sleep himself again. Otherwise it's off to sleep school. I can't handle his screaming bloody nursed before each sleep. It's just too much. Is this what your daughter does @Minib? It's just so hard isn't it. Is she still sleeping long stretches once you finally get her down?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every baby is different @Minib - I thot ours got the worst at around 6-7 weeks maybe? And then was best at 9 weeks before I got sick and I think he's regressed now. Quite bad this week (week 11). But I've been sick so our progress is hindered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every baby is different @Minib - I thot ours got the worst at around 6-7 weeks maybe? And then was best at 9 weeks before I got sick and I think he's regressed now. Quite bad this week (week 11). But I've been sick so our progress is hindered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati yeah she screamed before sleep now. And she used to sleep a long stretch once she's done but no for the last 2 days. She will sleep for 40 mins then wake up and fusses around again. And will cry.

I used to be able to pull out dummy once she's calmed but again not this week. I think it's just a bad week. It makes me watch the monitor 24/7 waiting for her to show first sign of waking up. Oh she used to self settle quite well during her sleep but not this week.

So what's the plan @Gelati re BF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what I'm so worried about @Minib - the day I can't pull dummy out. I won't know what to do. Can't wait to go home and try the rocking again. Right now he needs to be held each time then dummy. It's a terrible routine as I know one day it won't work anymore. I already thinking of sleep school. The screaming is horrible! Oh no 40min?? You are like me now. My heart drops whenever he moves! It'll get better tho I'm sure because today he did a couple of 30min then he did 2 x 3 hrs and now he's been down since 8pm. So each day is different. Your daughter has always been a good sleeper so no reason she won't be again. Could be just a development week.

No idea. I did my last pump for the day at 9:30. Got 630ml all up today. Not bad. But I did have to pump 6 times in 24 hrs although each pump was only 20-30min. It's still a lot of pumping and probably time wise it's the same as breastfeeding cos he fed for so long but at least I don't have to worry about the fussing or crying on the boob. So in conclusion I'm not sure. Lol!! I might try him on the boob again tmr and see but I don't have high hopes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, every baby is different. I don't know how we got through the first 3 months. Seriously, half way through, i already discussed to DH that we are done with one baby. We are counting down the day to see improvement. Nada. I was so impatient after ticking the 12w mark. Then, bam, shortly after 3 months (13w+), he becomes a happy baby. All started when he found his voice and became very chatty.

DS has few screaming episodes in the last two day and this evening again before bath. His voice is getting louder! You know what. DH commented that this is nothing because we have it worst in the past 3 months! Yes, totally agree with that!

DS screams/cries whenever we put him down for a nap in his cot. The sleep school was good but i might be pushing too hard. After 4 weeks sleep training with various techniques, we find out DS personality. He makes it loud and clear that what he doesn't like. I thought with a little persistent, his crying spell will be shorter for the nap in the cot. Nope. I feel like torturing DS for sending him to sleep school knowing that he would be happy to sleep in the swing without a fuss. He didn't want to sleep in the swing in the past. All i can see is that baby changes their sleep habit. Sometime we just have to go with the flow. Perhaps one day he would be ready to nap in his cot. Who knows.

The sleep school follows it up with me. I told them that i would be interested to go back when DS turns 6 months and if he still can't self-soothe to sleep. By then, he is old enough for proper sleep training. At the moment, i feel like we are trying to train him for something that he doesn't understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope that's great ds can sleep
    In his swing at least you have some tricks up your sleeve. Every baby is so different. I think 6 months is a good time for sleep school. See how you go no hard and fast rule. We know with our son that during the day he needs to scream bloody murder and then bang he's asleep. It's the weirdest thing it's like the only way he knows how to get himself to sleep is by crying to the point where he is almost dying. But then at night he can self soothe. Go figure! And it's not overtired as well. No matter when he goes down its the same thing.

I saw maternal health nurse today and she said after newborn stage there's no science to how much they are fed and to be led by them. He will stop eating or vomite if he's had enough. On hot days he may eat more so she said to put the calculator away and just be guided by him. So who knows?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really? DS reduced the total intake all of the sudden (dropped one night feed). We tried to give him a bit more per feed to fill the amount but sometime he just won't take more than 120ml per feed. I feel so bad forcing it down sometime. Actually, babies will not want to drink more on a hot day. DS is like that and my friend's baby too. Counter productive when they actually need more.