Closed Thread
Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope yeh usually takes a day to see a diff. I def see a diff in poop frequency when he goes on formula. Even when he has a little bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's exactly how I feel @Gelati
    Most of them have mastitis, nipple thrush, milk blisters and breast abcess. And they manage to BF longer so to quit at 6 weeks make me feel like I haven't tried hard enough.

Lumps feeling softer but I haven't been able to pump this arvo. Little missy won't sleep properly.
    @bbhope I have the opposite problem. She won't poop daily. Today she's had 50-50 formula and BM I think and she still won't poop daily. I know with formula they are meant to poo daily so yeah I'd prefer her to poo more regularly.

My paed told me nan gold ha instead of nan comfort. I think the gold ha has more iron and stuff but it does mean more constipation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib good to hear that the lump is softer. Just keep an eye out.

I know how you feel but we need to listen to ourselves. I've managed to pump 440ml today and I'm hoping for 600ml. I was actually hoping for 750 so he wouldn't need formula at all but looks like I'll only get 600 maybe 650max. Bub def gets more than the pump. So far today Bub has had 150ml formula. I wonder if the formula of 150ml x weight applies when you are giving breast milk and formula? I know that the amount of breastmilk they take doesn't change from 4 weeks to 6 months per day. But formula keeps increasing. So I'm not sure. So far Bub has had 570ml. I don't give him more than 150ml in a feeding. This arvo he slept 3 hrs! 😳 I hope I am not over feeding him. I have another weigh in next week so we will see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib my friends paed said nan comfort until 3 months and then they can go onto nan gold. I'll stay on the comfort for a little bit and then switch. Want to start off with something softer on his stomach. He's getting 2/3 breastmilk so hopefully he's getting enough iron and other nutrients from my breastmilk as well. The things we do hey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelati View Post
    @Minib my friends paed said nan comfort until 3 months and then they can go onto nan gold. I'll stay on the comfort for a little bit and then switch. Want to start off with something softer on his stomach. He's getting 2/3 breastmilk so hopefully he's getting enough iron and other nutrients from my breastmilk as well. The things we do hey!
    Oh really?? See that's why I get confused and unsure what to do. Nan comfort is definitely easier on the tummy I think. But both gp and paed told me to use gold ha. Your bubba is getting plenty of nutrients from your BM

Hey I just realised you and @bbhope only have about 4 weeks and starting Bub on solid already. By that stage BM isn't as important in my opinion. You've given bubba the best of BM in most important stages of their lives.

Right now, 12 weeks seem so far away for me.

You have pretty good supply @Gelati and don't worry if he sleeps more. The formula keeps him full longer that's why he sleeps longer. But also the heat could make him more tired?

I still use the 150ml x weight measurement when I mixed feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - I think if Bub can handle nan gold then go for it. If she has a sensitive stomach then you may need to try others. You didn't find bellamy's organic good did you?

I felt like you too mining that's why daily /weekly goals make a difference. Don't think of 12 weeks it just freaked me out. Well I was hoping to breastfeed till 4 months but doesn't look that way now. This expressing business already makes me feel happier. I just hope Bub can handle the formula then I'm all good to go.

I've realised that although I have enough milk and the amt per let down is quite normal I think the let downs come too slow. Other mums get a let down and milk flow then slows but it's never empty until the next let down happens whereas ds sucks me dry and sucks on no milk until the next let down. No wonder he hates it. Some women can get like a few let downs in 5-10min!

@Minib I feel like you have done everything you can breastfeeding wise and you're still looking for ways. We have all tried really hard and I think we should all be proud of ourselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelati View Post
    @Minib good to hear that the lump is softer. Just keep an eye out.

I know how you feel but we need to listen to ourselves. I've managed to pump 440ml today and I'm hoping for 600ml. I was actually hoping for 750 so he wouldn't need formula at all but looks like I'll only get 600 maybe 650max. Bub def gets more than the pump. So far today Bub has had 150ml formula. I wonder if the formula of 150ml x weight applies when you are giving breast milk and formula? I know that the amount of breastmilk they take doesn't change from 4 weeks to 6 months per day. But formula keeps increasing. So I'm not sure. So far Bub has had 570ml. I don't give him more than 150ml in a feeding. This arvo he slept 3 hrs! I hope I am not over feeding him. I have another weigh in next week so we will see.
    Breast milk adjusts in fat and kilojoules as your baby grows. So they can get the extra nutrition they need with the same amount of liquid. Pretty amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what I thot @Leksie5000. That's why I'm not sure how much to give when mixing breastmilk and formula. If I give 620ml breastmilk a day how much formula should I give? Luckily ds stops drinkin after he's full. I guess it's a bit of trial and error and look at his weight gain. Not an exact science

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib and @Gelati: don't compare yourself to other women who tough it out for BF. It will drive you nut. It did that to me. Everyone is different! When i told 3 of my local friends that i gave up BF, they just comforted me by saying it isnt for everyone. Guess...they are the 3 who BF bub until well over 1 yr old. Once i let go of the guilt, I am much happier. And i am gaining a kg back! If BF makes you happy, then continue.

As for starting solid, i was thinking to start at 6 months. However, due to reflux, i am advised to start around 4 months than later. It also depends on if bub is physically ready. Then, i read that child with the risk of type I diabetes should delay on solid until 6 months. So i don't know if i should start early. I will have to discuss that with pead.

I dont' think nan comfort is solely for newborn to 3 months. HA is just a different composition and it also suits for newborn. In fact, I considered HA because it is partially hydrolysed. That means the protein has been broken down and easier for the tummy to digest. While nan comfort is gentle for the tummy, bub stomach has to digest it from "raw". The only reason i stick to nan comfort is that the iron content is low and guaranteed no constipation.

Formula is such an individual thing. It depends on the bub. Nan comfort has worked for many babies. We were recommended that. That's why we chose to use it. However, it certainly doesnt agree with my DS stomach. I would have switched long time ago if onlly i know which one to switch to and what we are dealing with.

So....i have a lead on the babysitter for the week DH is out of town. Thanks to the lady on the other forum. I have found a family day care educator who is happy to take DS for that week part time. Generally, they like to do long term regular care. I will have a chat with her in person. I am more confident to send DS to her. Also, the rate is much reasonable/affordable than the rate self-advertised babysitter is asking in general. I guess it makes sense to pay those self-advertised babysitter if you only needs few hours here and there. $15--$25/hr for the whole week is just a lot (~$500 part time). I realize the child care center near work only charges ~$500 per week full time and with govt rebate as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This week Bub has been so unsettled so the BF thing isn't even on my mind. Honestly I am now just being stubborn and want to finish the week BF then reassess.

I've had a such a rough 2 days. She won't settle and sleep. She will calm down and try to sleep with the dummy but once the dummy falls off bam she wakes up again. She used to fall into deeper sleep so not bothered when dummy falls off but the last 2 days nope. I wish I could tape that dummy on her. I don't know what to do.
    @bbhope thanks for the info on differences between comfort and gold ha. I didn't know that. I'll stick to gold ha for now.

That's great about the babysitter. Better too that she's a family day educator.
    @Gelati she didn't poo for 6 days on Bellamy mixed with BM. So when I went to GP he told me to change as Bellamy is cow based and might be too strong for my Bub. But so many people love Bellamy.

Ladies please tell me week 5 was just a bad week and Bub will sleep better after this week. I'm pulling my hair!