It!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's blocked duct

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend suggested me to check out the library program to meet mom. Bummer...all programs don't start until Feb (school session). I'll be back to work already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope I don't think it's rude to ask. Agree with minib - face to face interview would be best.

@Minib - oh no. Heat before a feed and massage while little one is feeding and then cold ice pack after a feed to reduce swelling. Just try to put her on that boob as much as possible.

I'm so over it today. Can't deal with him crying on the boob all the time. It's just too much. I just want to go to bottle feeding now.

How do you know how much to give when mixed feeding? And when to give it? When breastfeeding it's always been demand feeding so I'm in new territory now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sitting on the bed looking at my daughter trying to fall asleep (or fight the sleep), I am frustrated. I put her on the boobs and she won't suck. Only small nibbles not long rhythmic sucks. And i couldn't feel any letdown. Maybe I was anxious so there was no letdown. Feel like crying! I ended up expressing for a long time and massage the lumps out a bit. Am frustrated as even though Bub sucking is more effective she won't suck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: i thought you have been doing top up? As for when to give......a good question. I used to do demand (mixed) feeding but DS didn't know when to stop and he was asking for feed a lot. After the help call to ngala, i slowly stretched his feed. ie, not giving him before 2hr, 2.5hr and then 3hr. That's with a lot of crying.

I dropped the demand feeding after I do bottle fed completely. It depends on who you talk to. Ngala seems to follow textbook -- a bit of modern way of raising the family, not so much of attachment parenting. It depends on what you want, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ps: or did you mean mixed feeding -- EBM and formula?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs @Minib it is so frustrating if only feeding wasn't a problem. I'm so jealous of mums with lots of milk! How's the lump feeling now?

@bbhope I meant maybe 2/3 ebm and 1/3 mixed. I think I can get 500ml a day no problems. I'm still putting him on the boob even tho I said I'm done. Urgh I just can't let go!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati my Bub feeds 6 times a day. She needs about 100-110ml per feed. The top up I give her (EBM or formula) depends on the BF. If I think she gets quite a good feed I give her 60ml EBM or formula. If I think she doesn't suck that much I give her 80ml top up. The dream feed is 100ml EBM or formula whichever I have.

I don't really do demand feeding as my Bub has quite a stretch of feed time because she sleeps ok.

Perhaps make extra in the bottle. When he's done he will stop anyway or spit it out.

Lumps are feeling better. Will have a shower again when bub sleeps. We stuffed up. Kept her up too long and now she's overtired won't sleep at all. She's been up for 3 hours now and have been crying for at least an hour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - thanks I guess it's a bit of trial and error. For us I'm a bit worried about going on bottle cos he does short cat naps and he won't be ready for a feed if he sleeps a short stint and it's almost impossible to get him down again. after he's had a 30min sleep.

Oh poor you and poor bubs. 1 hr of crying that's really hard. Hopefully she sleeps a long stretch when you finally get her down.