Closed Thread
Page 47 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati you did really well. Your persistence to BF is amazing!
    @bbhope well done as well. Your DS is really starting to change.

Meanwhile mine starts to be fussy a lot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - only persisting cos I have the supply otherwise I'd be done with it ages ago. Not sure I can get him back. He got a top up on the last feed cos he was fussing. He's pretty much fussed everytime bar once when he was still a bit sleepy. But once wide awake he.is too alert and gets bored. I'm not sure I'll get through this phase I might be onto express and bottle. If I can express 750ml a day then he can still be solely breastmilk but let's see. I'm gonna give it two more days and if I don't see improvement he's going onto the bottle. My mum is worn out too.

Peak of fussiness us meant to be 6 weeks minib so hopefully you're at the worst of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good idea @Gelati just set yourself a goal of 2 days and reassess. Don't put so much pressure on yourself. Express and bottle feed if you need to so your mum is DH can help but I get for the next 2 days just hang in there and BF as much as you can.

I can't wait to see a proper smile from my girl. I need to see a smile soon.

I set weekly goal now. I just want to continue mix feeding until end of the week. If I can get through that, I'll extend for another week and so on. But now my short term goal is to mix feed until week 8 then reassess again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow weekly goals that's pretty good. I'm still in daily goals! Yeh gotta stop putting so much pressure on myself. Maybe this is his way of weaning himself off it. Lol.

You should get a smile real soon. Gosh I can't remember when ds first smiled. Think it was a fake one and he started smiling just before he fell asleep. Does she do that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess we weren't sure about the smile until about 8w.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 2 non ideal candidates for babysitting. The semi ideal one with qualification stopped reply to my message. I guess she wasn't happy with my offer and yet telling me that she was happy to negotiate. I offered the second time when she said it was a bit too low. Anyway, one is an old mom -- a babysitter who can't do it and recommended her mom. She will come to my house (not ideal given that I want to sleep). Another one is a mom with a boy. Both don't have any qualification. If this is the only choices, who would you pick?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mm that's a tough one @bbhope. The one with the child how old is he? Have you asked her how she expects to look after a newborn and her son? Will she do it at her house so you can get some sleep? If she seems pretty good and dedicated and it means you can get some sleep I would go with her. If you can't sleep and that's the main goal having the older lady may defeat the purpose. Yes you will do less for that period of time but no sleep means no sleep. And you need your sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked about the child age but she didn't reply. I feel a bit rude for asking her. From the photo, it looks like a kindy age child. Yes she is happy to do it at her house. I didn't specifically ask the old lady if she would take DS. I assume she isn't even living in the area.

We need another sitter near work in mid Feb. It is difficult to find someone who will take DS to her home. All just assume they will do it at our place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope it's not rude. I'll interview both actually in person to see who you are more comfortable with. It's not picking a Cleaner. You need to be able to trust this person

Thanks
    Reviews
    Help! Left boob really hurt now. Been massaging and doesn't get relief. Been expressing too. Argh