Closed Thread
Page 46 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @bbhope I use nan ha gold. Formula only last 1 month once it's opened.

I just googled mucus in poo. It could also be a sign of allergy. Could it be lactose intolerant? Which formula are you using again?

Oh your DS sounds like he's changing a lot and growing up heaps. Must be so nice to see him Happier

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: I am curious about the printed date underneath the tin. I wonder if I am getting a really old stock and it goes bad earlier than the expiry date. DH said that it is coincidence for the problem to start when we opened the new tin. I am using nan comfort.

He hasn't switched formula so can't be intolerance all The sudden. He can have the intolerance for a long time and just not diagnosed, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry misunderstood you. June 2017

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope so good to hear ds is getting better must be nice to see all your hard work now paying off with a happy bubba.
    @Minib oops I had no idea I've been using the same can for the last 8 weeks! Seriously I have to toss the while can? Bummer! We've barely touched it!

I went and bought the pigeon bottles today. My friend said make the bottle as unpleasant for him as possible and he'll come back to the boob. I hope that's true. Last two feeds I haven't expressed and had so much milk cos he slept thru the night again and he fed cos he got so much instant reward. Not sure what this afternoon will be like.

After yesterday and barely any sleep he slept 7 hrs last night and we woke him up to feed then he slept 2 hrs and woke him up to feed then he slept another 3 hrs and now been down for over an hr. I think he's catching up on sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati yeah a few people told me they chucked the formula even though they didn't finish it.

My DD has been very difficult to settle. I took her out and she was crying in the pram the whole time. Not herself at all. Wasn't sure if it's the heat, growth spurt or something else.

We came home and same thing until she's too tired and fell asleep. Now she's been sleeping for 2.5 hours and I should wake her up otherwise she will have one less feed today and probably can't sleep tonight.

I'm struggling a bit today as in so tired and couldn't psych myself up to attend a crying child.
    @Gelati yeah but a slower flow teat so he has to work harder. And it will make him transition back to the boob better. Also when you bottle feed him try to sit him more upright maybe?

I think your son has learned how to sleep through the night. That's a blessing. Maybe you can express once in the middle of the night if you are worried about mastitis. How did you go this arvo?

I think your son is catching up on sleep also the hot weather makes them tired. They either feed more or sleep more?

Since I'm on 6 motilium tablets a day I think I have more milk but I also notice more lumps. I'm so scared of lumps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - oh god I know how that feels having a crying baby in a pram. Not nice. Hope she's better for you tonight. It's exhausting tending to a crying baby but at least she goes down for awhile rather than mine that only sleeps 30min usually. Maybe it's the heat or development. Who knows. You are doing so well managing by yourself. Super mum!

I'm at my mums house now. I need reinforcements to help stay calm and breastfeed him. They take him if he starts crying and soothes him and we try again. I wouldn't have the energy if by myself. So far no bottles today but man it's been hard work. Yeh I feed him ups right with a bottle. Stupid bottle preference. Think it also coincides with development week so he's more distract able and wants to play. I think I can become a lactation consultant after this!! Please if I get through this let me just have a week of consistency and no more dramas. Just a week!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib make am sure you massage them when you get a let down. Heat is good too. Do it in the shower - hand express.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ya, crying baby in the pram. NOT FUN. I had been there!

I took DS to GP today. Seeing a different one. I don't expect much out of it but this one at least checked his heart, groin, stomach instead of just sat there and did nothing like the previous one. With a fussy/colic baby, I have developed the anxiety. The entire journey to there, waiting and back, I was very anxious and worried that he was going to make out a big cry any minute. Surprisingly, he was sitting in the pram quietly. He got bored while we were waiting and did his usual complaining sound. That's all. He even gave the GP a couple of smiles and fell asleep on the way back. Well, the nap didn't last long.....I don't know what it is. Baby can't just switch from miserable to happy in one day. Apparently, DS did that. As of last wed, he was still a crying baby. On Thurs, he is happy and chatty.

All of the sudden, he likes to sleep in his swing and baby bjorn bouncer. No luck with the cot for nap just yet. He has been napping on and off today (30 mins each, of course).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh....apparently, the child health nurse here doesn't organize mother group. My friend told me to participate the rhyme time for baby at the local library. I might give that a go. In the worst case scenario, i can always leave. 30 mins per session anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope i forgot to answer your question a few posts ago. Apparently osteo's or chiro can help to correct baby and help them to sleep better
    @Gelati yeah I have been massaging in the shower but feel like I'm wasting milk haha.