Closed Thread
Page 45 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks @bbhope I have been turning her head around. She turns it during her sleep as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh didn't know the don't sleep facing forward for awhile. I've stopped paying attention now as he seems to switch himself and even during sleep. Last 2 weeks have been a blur. Just been focussing on getting better and him being fed!

@Minib - is that a different type of pump? You're really doing everything under the sun. Very proud of you.
    It's a great blessing that's dd will go down for awhile once she's down. It's so interesting to read these posts because each Bub has good and bad that's why the sleeping thing - just whenever they're ready. You will know best. I just kept trying until it gradually worked. I never let him cry it out especially when wailing. This time I did cos I knew he could do it he was full dry and just did a huge poo so he was happy and ever since that he's been self soothing and last night slept 9 hrs. You will know when your Bub is ready otherwise there's always sleep school later down the track.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Geez when she sleeps, she really sleeps. She's been sleeping for 4 hours. Seems like an awful lot for day nap. Is this bad? Probably cutting down her play time. Or maybe that's why she's hard to put down for the next sleep. Don't know to wake her up or let her sleep as long as she wants.
    @Gelati it's not a pump. It's a bottle with feeding tube taped into my nipple. So when dd sucks my breast she's also sucking the tube. That way if she's not active sucking because my milk is running low, I can turn on the tube and she will get some formula which should then motivate her to suck the boob too. Google medela sns and have a look at the YouTube. Yeah I'm going to try again. If I could mix feed up to week 16 that would be so good. But this should give me less pressure as I'm going to use formula still and hopefully I don't have to pump which means feeding time is down to 45 minutes woohoo. Hopefully it goes to plan.

Wow 9 hours. Is that without any feed? That's awesome!! Your Bub is starting to know day and night now. Let's hope mine will work it out soon. I have now put her in the cot during the day too instead of bassinet so she knows cot means sleep. When we are our that's different and she can sleep in the pram, car or bjorn.

True there is always sleep school. Not a bad thing. For now I'm just trying to get through feed by feed. Had some energy this morning and have cleaned the house, dust, did washing, etc. will probably regret not having a nap later haha.

This morning she woke up at 7 instead of 6. So happy! I got an extra hour sleep. I have started setting alarm to wake up 15 mins earlier before her estimated feeding time so I can at least wash my face, get the EBM almost ready, sterilise dummy etc. you are right gelati being on my own during the week means I'm starting to get more organised as I don't have anyone to help me.

I haven't attempted to cook dinner last week though. Might see if I can cook dinner one night next week. Do you ladies find it hard to cook dinner as it's alert around feeding time, bath or they are just a bit unsettled around that time anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib to be honest I haven't done one chore really since having the baby. Def not cooking. I did clean the kitchen, mop and out Christmas decorations up but my sole focus has been looking after Bub as he sleeps only 30min during the day so no time for anything else. Good on you for going about and getting things done.

Oh that sounds good so she's getting fed as well as stimulating you. Hope it works sounds positive to me!

Yeh 9 hrs without a feed. Then I expressed after 7 hrs and when he woke up tried the boob got one let down before he started crying and fussing so gave him 120ml of which he didn't finish. I have him an extra 15ml after he didn't want anymore and then put him down. Next feed he got four let downs and first time when the let down came he didn't drink it all and pulled away. Next feed he got two let downs and started screaming bloody murder and same as the one after that. I had to rock him to sleep in my arms. I don't know what's the matter. Over fed? Maybe he needs to do a really big poo. His last one was over 14 hrs ago. Gosh I just don't know. Thot it was all coming together and now today all gone to crap. I guess they are different every day! I hate when he fusses on the boob I get so anxious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have been eating grocery pre-packed dinner since my mom left. No time for proper cooking. I started cooking asian soup every now and then when DH is around to help. Everything just throws into the pot and boil. Easy. DS nap is so unpredictable. Imagine i am half way cooking and he wakes up crying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I found my dd is different every feed not even every day. Maybe your son was fussing around because it was hot? Could be overfeed but he did push it away so that's all good. I wouldn't worry so much if he didn't finish. Did he still have at least 6 wet nappies? Could be constipated too. Has he done a poo now? I think they can be a bit fussy before a poo? Mine does that. It's like she has a tummy ache.

If your son is only napping for 30 mins during the day you can't do anything else. Mine slept for 4 hours today. Scared me! Then she woke up and won't sleep. Will only nap for 20 mins and wake up, and keep repeating the cycle for 4 hours. She's sleeping now so I figured either she was hot or the growth spurt is bothering her?
    @bbhope my mum made soup hehe. But seriously I was thinking how can I cook when between 5 to 7.30 pm I am busy with her. Bath, feed, putting her to sleep etc. she doesn't have a routine as in time yet so I don't want to start cooking at 5 then she wakes up. I could cook at 3 or 4 I guess. But id rather nap haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies I've had the worst day today with ds since he was born. How can this be when yesterday was his best day since he was born? I think my breastfeeding days have come to a sudden end. After two mornings starting off with a bottle he is over breastfeeding. Refuses to take the boob and cries bloody murder when I put him on it. @bbhope is this how it happened for you? All of a sudden.

I almost had a mental breakdown today. After all that hard supply build up and getting through mastitis and the flu and to be just suddenly rejected by him I just couldn't cope. I thot him sleeping through the night was a blessing but it's not. Clearly someone up thee just doesn't want me to breastfeed. I can't do this anymore I'm going to end up in a mental institution. I just hope that by solely expressing I won't get mastitis again. I'm so sad tonight I feel so depressed 😪

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Gelati big hugs. I'm so sorry to hear ds rejected your boobs. That hurt heaps especially after all what you've done to rebuild your supply through mastitis. How can BF be so hard.

Take a day off and maybe try again once both you and him are calmer. I hope he will take your boobs again.

If he doesn't I just want you to know you've done an amazing job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has been pooping like crazy in the last 4 days. He makes a poo every meal! No diarrhea but has quite a lot of mucus. I read that drooling can cause mucus poo. BUT this frequent?!? I wanted to bring him to GP but GP is pretty useless from our experience. Just waste of time. I feel like lousy GP has put us off seeing a Dr now. The favorite line from the GP we saw recently "wait and see".

Sorry to hear @Gelati. It is always something, isn't it? Sleep, eat etc. Being a parent is tough.

No, DS didn't suddenly fuss on my breasts. He is always a "fussy" eater. I label fussy because his stomach always bothers him. He has never laid still during the feed. He arches his back, kicking etc so he can pass the gas. If it is too painful, he would scream or complain. It is very heartbreaking to watch. we feel like forcing him to eat and like torturing him. All the Drs dismissed our concern and told us that he is colic and he just has to grow out of it. Bull$hit. He is 3 months old now. He is still fussing as much as he was 2.5w old while eating. They could have done more like testing for allergy, milk protein intolerance etc. Anyway, it was his crying (at its worst at 7w) + fussing on my boobs put me off in the end.

His crying has significantly reduced all of the sudden in the last few days, though. He is now a chatty, jolly little boy when the stomach isn't bothering him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Which formula are you ladies using for top up? If it is nan, can you have a look at the expiry date? I am wondering the shelf life of these formulas.