Closed Thread
Page 44 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    During the day where does your son nap? In the cot in the room or living room? I'm trying to teach dd day and night

Right now she's in the bassinet in the room downstairs. It's quite bright and we never keep quiet so there's noise from kitchen or living room but not as loud if we put the bassinet in the living room. At night she's in the cot in our bedroom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does baby always get more? I'm not confident as she isn't great with sucking. Or that's what I think anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is never a good napper from 2w old. As for self soothing, I guess it is a hit and miss really. Some lucky people have never had problem with babies napping. I guess if you put them down in the cot from the beginning, perhaps that helps? I don't see what we could do different in the past to avoid this problem. Perhaps not holding in our arms to sleep?! I haven't been doing it at all. He just isn't a good napper. ngala people don't push self soothing for DS just yet because they think he will be ready when he can coordinate his hands. ATM, just dummy.

Babies don't have the cognitive to sleep train before 6 months (I guess). They don't understand you will come back only if they stop crying. They go by routine as far as I know.

Oops.....got cut out by DS crying while typing.

Edit: conclusion is that DS is a high-need baby. He makes it loud and clear that he wants to be held. I just let him cry a bit just now and he just wouldn't stop until we picked him up. Nope, he is too young to understand that I dont want him to sleep in my arms everytime.
    Last edited by bbhope; 09-01-2016 at 22:07. Reason: doesnt' want --> wants

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How frustrating @Minib - if I were you I'd be at my wits end already. My supply has dropped about 10-20% from when it was at its best and not sure if I'll get it back and that already has me really frustrated. I was told Bub always gets more. Ds always gets more let downs than the pump but not sure about the amount he gets per letdown I would assume that's the same. To be honest I can't wait until I can switch to formula. I am waiting till 3-4 mths and will assess. If it wasn't for these past 2 weeks I would have been happy to continue but now I'm a bit over it all.

I have him sleep in the living room during the day and in his room at night other than when we need aircon. Then he sleeps in living room. Not sure what I'm going to do when he outgrows the bassinet :/

Def every baby is different at bbhope. I've heard of babies who sleep through the night from when they are born!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's the thing isn't it. Every baby is different. Mine sleeps quite well once she sleeps. But like tonight 1.5 hours of soothing her and still won't sleep. Gosh we are frustrated. Maybe she overslept during the day and not tired now? Not sure.
    @Gelati only a few more weeks and you can reassess. You are doing very well to be BF for 11 weeks already.
    @bbhope I don't think your baby needed you to comfort him and you've done the right thing. Eventually he will sleep ok his own. I just hope it's sooner than later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops...typed it wrong in previous post. *he wants us to hold him*

Anyway, reading about high need baby article. DS ticks all the boxes. it just says that it will outgrow the constant needing to be held part eventually. Honestly, i don't mind holding him. After all, babies need to be cuddled and loved. I just can't have him sleep on me anymore. Imagine that's what the babysitter has to do?! As much as DH can't stand DS crying, he has a softer heart. After a big cry because finding himself in his cot napping, DH just put DS on his chest, rocked him to sleep for another hr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To add, somehow DS can fall asleep at night with a bit of help. This just started this around 10w so i guess babies change their sleep pattern from time to time.

Certainly, envy about those people who can just put thier baby down in the cot and he/she self soothes to sleep early on. Anyway, one of my friends just said that hers didn't start doing that until 5 months old. Perhaps i am pushing the whole sleep thing too hard on DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I posted at the BF support category and the ladies suggested medela sns. I'm going to buy one I think and give BF another go. Hopefully it can extend my BF days for another week. I've given up the thought of exclusively BF though. Mixed feeding with no pumping would be good though.

I have another question. To avoid flat head do I just turn bubs head side to side. Does Bub need to have her head on the back not side?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I can't comment on high need babies. Mine isn't one I'm pretty sure and I'm so hoping she will self settle early. But I also think I'm expecting too much too soon. So I guess what I wanted to say is your Bub will do that when he's ready. Might need your help and persistence but we can't control on the timing completely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babies won't sleep with the head facing forward until much later. Just change side to side.

Ya, that's what I figure. When DS is ready.