Closed Thread
Page 43 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks bbhope. She's on pigeon ss now. She seems happy. Sometimes she pauses sometimes she doesn't. We have plenty of avent teats cos we bought the whole kit. So i might give it a try in a couple of weeks and see how we go

Oh same @bbhope my right boob didn't go up in size. Left one did by one cup so I have one dodgy side.

If only my tummy would reduce in size lol. I still look 5 months pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope how's the progress looking for a nanny/babysitter?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib so jealous that you can have brunch. And Bub can stay asleep for so long. Do you need to put her to sleep before you head out or does she fall asleep when out? I feel housebound cos of breastfeeding. Takes 40min and all my concentration cos sometimes Bub fusses. I'm sitting in the car again waiting for bubs to wake up. Damn I should have bought that capsule. I regret that move so bad!!! Now it's not worth it anymore. If I do have another that'll be the first thing I buy. Tried to go to grandmas house but soon as we got there said hi and then he was fussing so back in the car to go home. Geez! That was like a 30min drive and 10 minute outting and then 30min drive back home. Fun times!

@Minib - how do the LCs determine you have low supply? Do they watch you feed or is it by weight gain? You know you have done everything you can. Sometimes our bodies just won't do what we want it to do no matter how hard we try. It just sux. But luckily your daughter hasn't got issues with formula and to be honest, it makes life a lot easier for you. I want to give up breastfeeding so bubs and I can go out and about but I'm going to stick with it cos I've worked so hard to get it and also I'm worried bubs tummy will be too sensitive with formula. If all goes well I'm going to at least try until 4 mths and gradually wean so he's off at 6 mths. The most I can do is express but to be honest, can't be bothered after 6 mths.

I currently use the spectra slow flow wide neck teats. DS seems to like them. I bought the nuna leaf bouncer / glider. So expensive but I tell myself ds can continue using it when he's older and it holds up to 60kg. Apparently toddlers even just use it as a chair to feed or read. I feel ill thinking about all the money I've wasted. If I could do it again I def wold get a cheap pram that's the lightest and easiest to fold. But maybe it'll be useful when ds is a toddler and we go to the beach or out and about when we need a more sturdy pram. Probably just feels that way now as a newborn as you barely use anything.

@bbhope I just let him hold my fingers with his left hand and lift it up above his head like he does with the right. More touch and play with his left

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: yes, jealous that you have been going out and about with bub! I am not BF but have been on "house arrest". DS is getting a lot better in term of his colicness. He smiles a lot these days. He just needs to be able to nap anywhere. Anyway, we accepted my friend invitation next Saturday for lunch. We live far from anyone now so hopefully DS is well behaving in his car seat.

I thought the capsule will only work for the first 3 months or so? I know it is rated 6--12 months but i was told that it can be very heavy. We bought a cheaper pram. No rear facing but works fine since we didn't go out for a walk until recently anyway. DS is more interested in looking around than looking at me. LOL. Easy to fold in one piece and relatively light. We don't go to beach much so aren't going to worry much about foam tires.

We bought a litttle lamb swing from gumtree. DS finally naps in it. I realize that his sleep pattern changes as he gets older. No way i could put him in swing, carrier or anywhere else to sleep in the past. He likes the bjorn bouncer. He has outgrown the used baby bouncer that i bought him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for babysiter/nanny, no perfect candidate. There is one SAHM with a kindy kid, who has some qualifications (like CPR training and nurse), but is asking quite a lot. There is another one with an older kid but without qualification. She is open for pricing. Ideally, i would like to look for a mom with older kid(s), basic qualification with reasonable price. Sigh.....perhaps DS will be more manageable by ~4 months?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't see why not @bbhope he's already getting better. Hopefully his colic will sort out once his gut is fully developed

Yeh I def spent too much for the pram it was just a novelty. Oh well I can resell at a high value if I look after it properly. It's a pretty popular pram. But I do think I'll get more use out of it after Bub is older. Plus I was always going to buy a maclaren for the car so this can just be my walk about pram. See how I go. It is def very easy to push.

Ds doesn't fall asleep anywhere but his cot and car seat and sometimes the pram. I'm going to get him into 100% self soothe in his cot and get used to that and then try in different places. He needs to learn how to sleep by himself first.

Good work on accepting the lunch invite. Small steps

Thanks
    Reviews
    I quickly bath her this morning before we went out because of the poonami. She was so relaxed after the bath she fell asleep in the car and the pram. But with pram, touch wood, she will fall asleep by herself even if I put her in awake. With the car sometimes she will cry but when the car moves she will settle. Again touch wood. But if she's hungry, then she will cry regardless of where she is.

I have been out everyday with Bub even if for 30 minutes walk. The longest we've been out is 3 hours I think and I fed her in the parents room and a cafe.

The LC made that assessment after seeing me pump there. Left boob I got 40ml. Right boob not even 20ml. Also Bub never falls asleep properly if I simply BF. Don't mind during the day but at night I can't deal with 20 mins catnap 24/7. Honestly I'm not sure how to make a proper assessment. Everyone keeps telling me different thing. Keep trying it will get better after 12 weeks. Or 8 weeks. Or don't bother. I'm so confused and conflicted. I don't want to regret not trying harder.

But yes the most I want to BF is 6 months anyway. Not if its this hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope you should go to the lunch. Even if he cries then at least you've tried. If you last an hour then that's a great thing.
    @Gelati you got a bugaboo right?

We don't have car capsule because of that reason. Only a few months to use but I agree it will be so much easier.

Bub has been sleeping a lot today. Worry she won't sleep tonight eeks!

How do you teach a baby to self settle? I haven't really tried. I am just not sure if she's ready for it. Seems like hard work for babies to do that. Or is it just us mums being soft?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - is that 60ml total after 1 let down? That sounds good to me. Or is it after 20-30min pumping? I get 110ml after 30 min of pumping max. But baby always gets more. That's why it takes me so long to feed. Trying to get all those let downs.

I got a joolz. Not as popular as bugaboo but more ppl seem to have it. Fx I can get a good resale value.

It takes a lot of persistence @Minib. At the beginning it was getting him to fall asleep in the cot thru rocking etc and then gradually to self soothe. Even if it's once a day it still helps. That's great dd can self soothe in the pram and car. No chance yet for ds. He did earlier on but not lately. I think it's just getting him used to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's after 20 min of pumping. And that's a good pump. During the arvo I will get 40ml max from both boobs combined after 30 min of pumping. I will keep pumping away.

Joolz is nice. You will get a good resale value.