Closed Thread
Page 42 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's definitely day by day ladies. Last night I wasn't in a good mindset too. DD has been unsettled this week and DH is back at work so night shift is all me. Day shift is all me too. I was tired and when she won't sleep at 5 am I lost it. I cried and struggled to calm her down. I did in the end don't know how. She's good today. Must have known mummy needs a break. I also feel better after a couple cries today. I'm a lot calmer
    @bbhope good idea for you to move out of ds's room. Do you have a monitor that can detect breathing and movement? If yes just use that. Right now dd is in our room because it has been quite hot and I want to make sure I can control the room temperature. We are planning to move the cot back to nursery when she's 12 weeks.

Gosh self soothing. It would be so good if they can do that. I also use dummy @bbhope but lately she's not that big a fan anymore so sometimes she spits it out. Eeks! Now she only wants cuddles to calm her down. She can suck her fist and fingers that's why I prefer to use dummy.

Are you seeing gp tomorrow as in Friday @Gelati? Hopefully you can come off antibiotics soon. I have a friend who just had mastitis too and have to be hospitalised. Fever was too high. Yikes. So painful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your poor friend @Minib it's def not something to be taken lightly. I've never had a fever that high in my life. I'm off the antibiotics today but I've had some bleeding in the last few days not sure if it's my period? Surely not right. It's just spotting but it's bright red blood. Anyways if it's my period then nothing I can do. If it's retained product it can wait another couple of weeks before I go to the doctors. No more doctors for awhile. There's no pain.

I think supply is back up again but not sure. Gp who is also lactation consultant said I need to stop stressing about let downs now and be more guided by Bub. If he's turning away from the boob he's had enough don't force more. His weight gain is fine and she thinks I might be over feeding him. Today I went by him and he's been sleeping for 1.5 hrs at a time so I guess the extra one or two let downs haven't done much to make him sleep more and probably done the opposite? No idea. Just try everything and go with what works hey?

Are you having a better day today? That's good dd gave you a break after a rough night. She knows to be nice to mumma

Bubs is 11 weeks today. Wow that was a blur of an 11 weeks. Intense! Hope it's going to be a better next 11 weeks!

Baby bunting is on sale atm. If only I knew then what I know now. I def over spent on baby things!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure I am ready to move out of DS room. I think over the weeks, I have developed anxiety. That's why I am not getting solid sleep at night. The bed is tilted and DS slides down overnight. I am too afraid him banging on his head. His foot got caught a few times! But for my sleep, I really need to think ahead.

I have come to term that DS is a catnapper. He has never slept more than 30 mins at a time. I am going by the flow atm. So jealous that @Gelati your DS naps for 1.5hrs

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope that's only today. Everyday is different. I am sitting in the car atm waiting for him to wake up but he is loving the car seat and sleeping for over an hr already. I didn't want to wake him. The things we do. Sigh.

Have you got your period back yet bbhope? I wonder if mine is back? Surprising cos I'm solely breastfeeding most of the time.

Anxiety is no good you have to look after yourself. I developed it the last 2 weeks cos ds has been so unsettled. One day I had to close my door just to get some sleep I figured I would hear him when he cries. He's getting quite strong now he can kick his blanket off so I'm not too worried although one day I woke to find he had kicked his blanket over his face and couldn't get it off. But he only does that wriggling when he's awake and I hear him straight away so I was there very quickly. Otherwise when he sleeps he's very still. His legs are so strong now tho and his neck is quite strong too. He lifts it quite high now. But yeh I was still freaked out to see his blanket over his face 😁😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    No idea when my period will return. I have been spotting on and off with bright red. I suspect it will return very soon with typical sign.

Bub is catching up with the neck. We give him a LOT tummy time. He can now lift his head straight up but still crashing down after a min or two. He is also using his arms for support. The only thing he hasn't mastered is bringing two hands together. Because of him liking to turn his head to the right, he rarely uses his left hand. I will ask pead about this.

Your DS certainly does pertty well for night sleep. 7--8hrs straight on average?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope our son is the same. Hold up high for a couple of minutes then crashes down or starts crying. We are trying to get him to roll over at least from side to back. No luck so far. Ds holds his hand together when feeding and his hands are squished together but doesn't really do it when lying down. We had the same problem with left arm so we just keep stimulating it and now he's moving it more. He now sticks his whole fist in his mouth to suck.

He did sleep like that a couple times before I got sick and I've been working to get him back there. Yesterday I let him cry almost half an hr while rocking in the cot refusing to pick him up and finally got him to sleep with vacuum and rocking. Last night was the first time he slept 7 hrs straight since I got sick. I hope we get that again tonight but you just never know. Last 2 weeks it's been 4 hrs then 3 hrs sometimes even two wakes during the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I'm also in the car waiting for the little missy to wake up. We had another poonami this morning. Up her back and everywhere. No amount of wiping is good. So put her in the bath to properly clean her. She had an unsettled morning because of the poo. Maybe her tummy was a bit painful. She's now asleep. She was sleeping in the pram when I caught up with a friend for brunch.

Good to hear your supply is back. That's awesome. Woohoo! I think you can go off formula now and just focus on BF.

I agree gelati. We have an unused bouncer and swing sitting in the lounge haha. But it was hand me down so I didn't pay for them. She might like them in the future.
    @bbhope anxiety is no good. I have started feeling it with BF. The thought of BF, top up and express for 1.5-2 hours every feed started to stress me out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question please ladies

What teat are you using now? Bubba is still on pigeon wide neck ss. She's 5 weeks now and we need more teat. Should i get more pigeon wide neck ss for newborn or switch to one size up or avent newborn?

I really think my BF days are numbered. I have come to terms about it and have been much happier. Seriously after 6 motilium a day, fenugreek, lactation cookies, expressing every 2 hours my supply is still low and I don't think it will ever be enough for her. Even two LCs told me I have low supply and that's just my body. I'm really sad but at the same time a bit relieved it's not my lack of trying.

I would keep doing this if I could see results but with no results it has really got me down and upset.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: yes, I was told that it is just my body. My boobs didn't change size during the pregnancy and that's the sign of it. It is a shame that all the nursing bras that I bought are way too big for me now. I thought I could wear it as a daily basis.

I am still using the SS. I bought the S to give it a try. It is still way too fast for DS. If DD doesn't tend to pause while drinking, it should be ok. Otherwise, it will be like a fountain coming out her mouth. avent newborn is the one comes with the bottle. It doesn't work for my DS. It is leaking everywhere. If you check the flow, it is as slow as the SS teat so I suspect it just flows when DS lip presses on it. Pigeon SS makes him works on it to get the milk out. Perhaps u can make two trips? S first and then if it doesn't work, SS? I just keep the S for future. He will need it in the future anyway. Note pigeon S is labeled as 2 which is the same as avent 2 rather than new born size 1.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #3

@Gelati: what did u do to stimulate his left arm? We put toys on the left side only and still no luck because he refuses to turn left. His hands haven't come together just yet. He sort of tries rolling, though.

He sucks on his thumb every now and then but inconsistent.