Closed Thread
Page 40 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quick reply.

Life space from chemist warehouse. It has more strain than inner health.

Unfortunately, the recommendations I got for the babysitters are mom with young kids, high school students and a child care carer. All the moms want to do it at their place. Fine by me because I want sleep. I am not sure I want high school students given that DS is so young and I need someone who has baby experience. The child care carer doesn't seem to be able to do it on weekday. One mom is very cheap but she has 2 young kids and current 20w+ pregnant. I don't think that's a good choice. I can't imagine me picking up DS being 20w+ pregnant. Anyway, such a bad timing. One mom has a daughter at kindy and was a nurse but the school doesn't start until mid February and I need a sitter in early feb.

Hope you feel better soon. @Gelati

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Gelati  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope any chance you can hold out until mid February to get the good nanny? Short term pain for long term gain? Or use next best for early February then switch?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tried the football hold with ds today apparently chin towards blocked area clears it the strongest. Got one let down before ss fussed lol. The things we do!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I can't because DH is out of town. I need help for that particular week. With DH during work week, I only got 2hrs solid sleep between 5am and 7am. Without him, no solid sleep. DS tummy is still bothering him. Despite him sleeping from 2--5am, I don't get sleep because he is grunting in pain. He hardly gets sleep because he falls asleep and then the pain comes every few mins. Always after feed! It makes me wonder if he is better off not eating.

He has been in a weird schedule lately. While his night feed reduces to one. He refuses to have his early morning feed at 7am after last feed at 1am. Also, he is waking up around 5am everyday and is driving DH nut to put him to bed again. Weird. It coincides with the sunrise. Maybe that's is wake time? But he doesn't want to eat at 5am either. Honestly, he is a complete different baby after sunset. He can self soothe to sleep and only wakes for feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rough day today!! DD won't sleep at all unless she sleeps on me. She's going through her first growth spurt I think at 4.5 weeks. Very very unsettled. Cried the whole morning and afternoon. I let her sleep on me for 2 hours and then we went through the feed and cry cycle all Over again. Any tips on what to do other than ride it out?

Oh @Gelati I would have done the same thing and fed in bed. Hey curious how long did it take you to feed with 7 letdown?
    @bbhope I probably wouldn't pick the mum who is pregnant and have her own kids too. I am not sure how she could give your DS attention
    @Gelati I can't do football hold. Is it better you reckon with practice?
    @bbhope can you adjust his sleeping time so he wakes up at 7 am instead of 5? So put him down for bed a bit later? Does that work? I'm not sure was just a suggestion. How long does his pain last for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope so at most you only get 2 hrs solid sleep? That's crazy how are you still standing? I hope you can find someone for that week. You poor thing

@Minib - oh hugs. Hope you can get some sleep tonight. It must be wonder week. Unfortunately all the advice I can offer is to get as much help as you can and Try to get sleep when she sleeps. I know that's hard tho. Today my mum took ds after his feed out for 2 hrs on a walk so I could sleep. Think I got about an hr. Thank god for my mum.

7 let downs is very rare. I usually get that once a day and same with 6 let downs. In the good Ol days maybe 40mij now could be 50min. Normally I would get the first 4 within 20-25min on the same boob. Average is about 5 let downs. How is ur feeding going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: the first few weeks were a blur to me. I didn't even remember when was his growth spurt because DS is colic. Crying spell all the time. Yes, help is important. My mom left when DS at his peak of crying (7w) and we moved. That was very hard.

Oh....DS body is like a clock work. When he was on 3 hrs feed schedule. He would wake up exactly 3 hrs after the feed. Then, we stretch out to 4 hrs. Same thing. Twice night feed. Recently, he sleeps longer stretch. He has been waking up 1am few nights in a roll now. At the beginning, it was confusing because I woke up 10pm waiting him to be fed! We put him to bed around 7--8pm. Unfortunately, can't be later because he is actually the best sleeper after sun down! He can fall asleep without much help from us. Such a different baby from day to night.

Also, he is napping "exactly" 30 mins. No joke. I read online about habitual sleep. Baby likes that can't make transition to the next sleep cycle and thus waking up.
    @Gelati: Yes, when DH is working, 2 hrs is all i got. VERY tough and i lost a LOT of weight. DH is going back in two days. With him home over the christmas helps a lot. I can get 4--5 hrs! I am sleeping in the same room with DS so it is quite restless for me. Also, when his stomach is acting up. He is grouting every few mins until the morning. It is predictable. Always after a feed. I feel so bad for him. That's why i wonder if he has allergy to cow milk or something! Colic supposes to cease by 3 months and he isn't getting any better. Can't wait for the Dr appt! Too bad, there isn't any cancellation this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might ring mum tomorrow @Gelati see if she can relieve me for 2 hours even.

You have a lot of let down @Gelati

My feeding is going crap. I'm so fed up now. I'm seeing another LC to see if I can do anything else to improve or should I just admit it's not working for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I think you should look into different type of milk. Might as well to make sure you've covered all bases.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have been looking I I a new formula. We haven't switched because it takes few weeks to take effect and we are 2w away from seeing the gastro pead. We decided to wait until then. We want to know if he is lactose intolerance, allergy or just hasn't passed the colic phase before switching.
    @Tanej78: any word about DH work?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (17-01-2016)