Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How many tummy time a day ladies?

I tried to do 2 x 5 mins per day. But mostly once per day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib with poos it's whatever is normal for your Bub. Pees I think it's dropped off too. Normally he'd have 8 not sure now but it's still clear. Another thing to worry about.

How many times does dd feed? Maybe stop top ups and get her to feed more often? That should help more than pumping. Aim for 8 feeds and 30min of active sucking.

I know it's such a horrible feeling. I don't know what's worse, having it then losing it or never having it. Sigh.

I only get 1 in a day officially. I do over the shoulder to compensate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    6 times a day @Gelati

If I stop top up she doesn't sleep at all. Only cat napping for 15-20 mins. She's not awesome in active sucking for too long. I wish she could suck longer as I know there's more milk and will increase supply. Maybe it's a catch 22. I give her top up to settle her but then she just gets lazy.

I think both are horrible. Honestly BF is so unnatural and hard. Such a cruel joke. We were meant to BF our babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib unfortunately for us low supply girls we have to go through more pain it's awful. If you have it in you stop all top ups during the day and top up only at night. Let her catnap then feed. With ds I feed 7-8 times a day for 30-40min each time and he catnaps during the day so I feel like all I do is feed change and settle. Ground hog day and so tiring but it brought my supply up gradually. It's the only way. But it's up to you I know it's just so tiring. And if she's not sleeping great at night you just might be too tired which isn't great for milk production either. A real cruel joke it is.

I just want my milk back (((

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I'll try no top up during the day tomorrow. It's just her and me tomorrow anyway. Last time i tried that she lost weight hence it really put me off to do it again. But I think I have more milk now compared to pre motilium days. I think.

Big hugs. I really hope you get your milk supply back. Was it fully established pre cold and mastitis? Or were you still trying to establish it then lost it?

How many top ups do you do per day now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's hungry tonight. I just nursed her. Almost 30 mins of active sucking. Then we gave her some top up which she didn't finish. I expressed for 15 mins and got nothing. Maybe 5ml or less even. Not even worth mentioning. I hope it means she sucked my boobs dry. They do feel nice and soft now. Before they were getting full.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: I was on 2 mortilium tablets 3 times a day. It helped. I could get 120ml pumping in the morning (after a 4hr sleep when my mom was around). But then no supply for a good 4 hrs. I will have to top up for the rest of the day but I might still get some in the evening if I choose to pump. Once I reduce to 1 tablet, i noticed the supply dropped. DS could suck for ages. At one point, I let him suck for an he at the beginning. Only being told that it isn't efficient. I should just stopped at 30 mins and then pump so I could get some rest.

I went to do the GTT. The result isn't good. It indicates that I am pre-diabetic. That says BF might have done more harm than good for DS because I didn't watch my diet carefully. The diet my mom prepared was full of carb. It seems like I developed this condition after the pregnancy. I tested fasting glucose and random glucose (2hrs) every year and it had been good in the past. When my random glucose came back high at around 8w, OB ordered the A1c test which records the average sugar level in the past 2--3m. That one was normal. That means I certainly wasn't diabetic before pregnancy. It is really the side effect of the long term use of steroid?! I am on a shocking high dose which I should have spread out twice a day rather than all at once. I am rather sad about this......

I have gone a bit crazy with dessert after giving birth and the diet isn't great due to me being so busy with DS. Even now with DH at home, I hardly have time to cook but to catch up sleep. Didn't I mention I lost a lot of weight? DH knows that DS is very demanding. Problem of him not napping and even if he does now, he always does 30mins catnapping.

Hahah....yesterday, DS didn't want to nap from 3pm. He was tired and he just refused to sleep in his cot again no matter what we did. Then, at 6:30pm. Bam...he felt asleep on the playmat when DH did the patting from head to nose trick. Grr....so hard to get him to sleep and we had to wake him up for bath and feed for the night.

We just realised that the last few days of cry feast can be avoided if we just worn him out with tummy time. Lol. He will still fuss but to a less extend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope wow 6 a day. Were you engorged a lot?

That's not good re the gtt results. Do you need to do another test just to be sure?? What did the doctor say? I'm so sorry about the results @bbhope

I have been eating lots of sweet stuff too. Everyday. I think it's because we don't have enough sleep so we use sugar to boost our energy.

I think you should really look into hiring a nanny @bbhope. You need some rest and to look after yourself. It's worth paying someone to keep you sane and rested even only for 3 hours a day. Happy mum happy Bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - if you feel you still have more milk i would definitely try not topping up and try getting her to suck it out. Even if that means giving her a quick break then putting her back on. The weight loss is hard so see how you go.. Make sure she's sucking you dry cos supply won't go up unless you don't have enough. If you still have milk left over your body won't know to make more.

I am giving him 2 x 60ml top ups and he doesn't even finish them. Also he only nursed 5 times yesterday because of it instead of 6-7 times. I don't know what's going on cos his dirty nappies have decreased and i'm sure my supply is low but why can't he finish his top ups and nursing less? it's just not making any sense to me. I may need to get him weighed again so i know what's happening.

Day 5 of antibiotics and lump is still there but feels like it could be getting better. Not sure. it keeps coming and going. Supply is still not back tho.
    @bbhope - that's no good about your GTT results. look after yourself hun even if that means hiring someone. I know it can be expensive but it's worth it if it's for your health. Make sure you try to eat healthy. Doens't need to taste good just be healthy. Steam some vegies. Stir fry whatever. Just get the right nutrients. Have an apple etc. Whatever is fastest. But not cake etc. Big hugs hun you really have had it rough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, 6 a day, although sometime I forgot one dose and only 4 a day. I only needed to do a big pump in the morning, though. Other time breasts are not totally engorged even after 4 hrs. They were leaking everywhere whenever I was thinking about DS. Lol. One of my breasts didn't seem to produce much. I suspect it is because DS didn't like to suck on it and the nipple is a lot shorter. He couldn't latch well on that one.

Ob just recommended me to see a diabetes educator. It just seems that my body cannot process sweet stuff or food efficiently with insulin and thus the sugar spike.

Ya, looking for babysitter recommendation right now. And a nanny sometime down the track.

DS lost his appetite for a few days. His schedule was all over the place. Like wanting to feed in 2hrs because he didn't take the full bottle in the previous feed. Yesterday finally back to normal but down to 5 feeds. we should increase his intake per bottle or else it is way under per daily intake. I will see how long this 5 feeds per day last. Meaning only 1 feed during the night. hope it last so it would be more sleep at night. My body automatically wakes up every few hrs now despite he is sleeping more at night. After the night feed, I am also having trouble to fall back to sleep. I think it is right that baby will be ready to stop feeding overnight when they are ready. DS just reduces the feed by himself in the last two days. Fx that it last.

His stomach is still bothering him, though. Poor little guy. He keeps waking up every time he has to pass gas. so unrestful. Last night another big episode so I am expecting him to be a bit grumpy today due o not enough sleep. Yes, he is sleepy and tired today. We r having a friend coming over. I hope DS behaves.