Closed Thread
Page 36 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Minib: we altered his head position early on so he doesn't get flat head. You can do the same. Then, our life with him was a blur when we were overwhelmed by his colicness and moving. When he started being able to move his head left and right by himself, that's the problem that we noticed at about 6w. DH only agreed with me about this problem at around 10w.

We put him on the other side of the cot etc without any success. He always moves it back to the right. I am now putting his head to the left overnight after a feed. I move it back whenever he turns back to the right. I don't bother for nap because it is so hard to get him to nap and don't want to wake him up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @bbhope I must start turning her head to the other side.

Argh been trying to get her to sleep since 7 pm. No luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope ds has a pretty strong neck but in the last week we have been neglecting it so not sure if he is still developing well. Just do more tummy time he'll catch up

@Minib - yes turn head when you can to prevent mis-shapen head. Poor thing I was nervous too but you can do it. I promise you will learn ways to deal with dd. Can your mum come over and help out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati how's the mastitis and cold going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum can come over to help still if needed. I'd like to try on my own for a few days. But she can still help with cooking. Dad can drop off the food for me. How good is that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome @Minib - get as much help as you can with other stuff while you focus on Bub.

Mastitis is getting better and cold is gone I hope but supply still down. Apparently antibiotics I'm taking can cause this as well as poo issues with Bub. Just great huh?? I can't wait till we are over this difficult period. I hope my supply comes back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did hear antibiotics can reduce supply. How many more days are you on antibiotics? Hopefully your supply will return soon. I think it will.

Is Bub not pooping daily now?

It's so hard isn't it. Can't win. Hang in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    I give DS probiotic powder and he has been pooping everyday now.
    @Gelati: ya, we have been ignoring the tummy time but now we are getting him to do a lot of it. It seems to tired him out as well. Heheh....

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib so far still daily but nowhere near as much maybe twice a day? When we were back in our normal days he'd do like 4 massive poos a day. His first poo for the day today was at 3pm. I only have 2 more days of it but the block duct still seems to be there. I just hope that goes then I'll work on my supply again. Sigh it really is so hard. How's your breastfeeding going now?

@bbhope yeh that's good it does tire them out. Ds is quite active now. Won't stop kicking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati my BF isn't improving. I'm sad about it. Really sad. The most I can express first thing in the morning before nursing her is 60ml. Then throughout the day in between feeds I get 30ml max still for 20 mins on each side. I really don't know what else I can do. I'm on fenugreek, motilium, 3 litres of water, plenty of food and rest. DD nurse every 4 hours so I do around 6 express a day in between feed.

When I feed her, I BF then EBM then formula top up.

I'm going to aim for 6 weeks then reassess. Very exhausting to keep expressing and stressing about supply. 2 more weeks then I need to decide if I want to continue expressing with the hospital grade pump. Won't bother with medela swing. I won't get much from it.
    @Gelati ah when your son used to do quite a few poos 2 a day doesn't seem much but it's still daily. Does he have at least 6 wet nappies a day?

My little girl still doesn't poo daily. Once every 4 days. Plenty of wet nappies though.

With the block duct, do you use heat pack pre nursing then ice pax post nursing?