Closed Thread
Page 35 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Such a fine line between playing, stimulation then get overtired isn't it? I'm dreading tonight. She's been a dream baby today. Only a few cries. Worried tonight she will crack it and play up.

How are you feeling? Any better?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to catch up. Just have a quick read. It is never a problem for me between breast and teat. I was very worried about it but DS has never had a problem. DS still wants to suck on my boobs despite me not having any more milk! @Minib: the teat that i mentioned is recommended by LC. It is quite similar to the nipple. That says i can't guarantee that nipple confusion won't happen to your bub.
    @Gelati: DS doesn't necessary cry to sleep. He doesn't do that in my arms or DH chest. He only does this when we put him down to his cot. I am not yet ready to let him self soothe because it would be let him cry it out given that he already fussed with us patting/soothing him. I really hope that it doesn't take us long to get him with the new sleeping method. It is hard work even with the two of us. I hope it pays off in the long run and we can finally bring him out on the pram and he can fall asleep in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey guys I'm just keeping myself busy with finishing up some client stuff... Very slow week!

DH is due home Sunday night... He's 90% sure he's going to be axed... But a lot of blokes aren't Told until they get a text the day after they get home saying they wont b needed back

Fingers xd he's in the 10%

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati are you feeling better? I hope you are.
    @bbhope is jf the pigeon wide neck slow teat? I bought that earlier this week and it's much better for her. Much slower flow and she has to suck harder so it's better when she BF. Does your son like being in a bjorn? Would that help to settle him?
    @Tanej78 fingers crossed he's in the 10%. Don't need the stress of not having a job when going through IVF. Any plan for nye tonight?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - thanks for asking sorry haven't been on as really been in the trenches the last few days. Battling a fever, cold and little to no sleep for 48 hrs (about 3 hrs per night) and getting supply back up I thot I wasn't going to make it and just couldn't see how I could get over a cold with no sleep. Yesterday I just kept crying and didn't even know why. Think it was the exhaustion and pain. Anyways yesterday afternoon things started to get a bit better and bam my supply came back with a vengeance. With enough food ds slept well last night and started getting back to what we were used to but for some reason I was feeling off and couldn't sleep all night. By this stage I had only slept 2 hrs yesterday and was freaking out. Well woke up to a 39 degree fever and mastitis! My supply came back too much and being sick you are more prone to it. This morning I was crippled by the fever but I still needed to get up and feed to manage the mastitis. Anyways my supply has dropped again and I'm on antibiotics now so fever is finally below 38. Wow I have to say the last 3 days have been seriously the most painful and hardest days of my life. DH also had a breakdown at one stage due to sleep deprivation. Saving grace is my mum who has come by the last 2 days for 10 hrs helping out. I don't know how we would have pulled through without her.

@Tanej78 - hoping the new year brings you good news and hubby is in tha 10%.

@bbhope out son cries himself to sleep in our arms or cot. Although before I got sick he started self soothing quite a few times without crying in his cot. We have to retrain him once I'm feeling better and milk supply is back up. How is ds sleeping now? Are you getting much sleep?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg @Gelati you poor thing. Must have been in lots of pain. Mastitis is so hard with fever and everything else. Big hugs. Hopefully it gets better in the next few days. Have plenty of rest if you can

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: fx that he is the 10%!
    @Minib: yes, DS is fine in the bjorn. He likes to sleep on us. The problem is that bjorn seems to design for tall people. DS is sitting very low down for me and the hip band has to sit on my waist which is very uncomfortable with all the weight on the shoulder. That's not the ultimate goal for the whole sleep training. With it, i still have some troubles to do things around the house, eg: sitting and eating.

As for the teat, yes, pigeon wide neck. I bought the one that comes with the bottle so it is SS. SS size doesnt drip. It only comes out with DS sucking. S size drips out automatically. DS tends to pause while he eats so S size is way too fast for him.
    @Gelati: oh poor you. I didn't end up having mastitis but blocked duct was painful enough. I can't imagine having mastitis.

As for sleep training, it has been very frustrating. You would think that after 4 days, he should get used to the idea of sleeping in the cot by himself with us soothing him at the beginning. No, he is still complaining with crying. It also changes from day to day. There is no consistency. One day he is all fine for us to put him through the crying feast and fell asleep. Normally, he is done complaining. One day he just won't do it. Yesterday was one of those impossible day. I tried not to give in letting him to sleep on me but only ended up with a grumpy baby who didn't get enough sleep. I was very busy with him while DH busy with assembling the new furniture. I took him for a walk on the pram and he fell asleep but woke up when i stopped walking. Sigh. He was ok again this morning but won't do it again just now. The main problem is that his startle reflex keeps waking himself up in the cot. Sleeping on us, he has less flexibility to do that. He doesn't like to be swaddled. He is now able to thumb sucking but his coordination is pretty bad so dummy is what we try right now.

Speaking of development, @Gelati. Is your DS able to hold his neck very well now without support? DS can't do it. I suspect we didn't give him enough tummy time in the past few weeks. Also, we have other concerns, such as him only likes to turn his head to the right. I noticed that at 6w but DH disagreed with him at the time. We have been trying hard to turn his head to the left for night sleep but sometime he still moves it back.

The gastro paed is targeting his gastro problem but I am hoping he would look at few concerns that we have. Otherwise, i am so tired of having endless dr appts and start over.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: fx that he is the 10%!
    @Minib: yes, DS is fine in the bjorn. He likes to sleep on us. The problem is that bjorn seems to design for tall people. DS is sitting very low down for me and the hip band has to sit on my waist which is very uncomfortable with all the weight on the shoulder. That's not the ultimate goal for the whole sleep training. With it, i still have some troubles to do things around the house, eg: sitting and eating.

As for the teat, yes, pigeon wide neck. I bought the one that comes with the bottle so it is SS. SS size doesnt drip. It only comes out with DS sucking. S size drips out automatically. DS tends to pause while he eats so S size is way too fast for him.
    @Gelati: oh poor you. I didn't end up having mastitis but blocked duct was painful enough. I can't imagine having mastitis.

As for sleep training, it has been very frustrating. You would think that after 4 days, he should get used to the idea of sleeping in the cot by himself with us soothing him at the beginning. No, he is still complaining with crying. It also changes from day to day. There is no consistency. One day he is all fine for us to put him through the crying feast and fell asleep. Normally, he is done complaining. One day he just won't do it. Yesterday was one of those impossible day. I tried not to give in letting him to sleep on me but only ended up with a grumpy baby who didn't get enough sleep. I was very busy with him while DH busy with assembling the new furniture. I took him for a walk on the pram and he fell asleep but woke up when i stopped walking. Sigh. He was ok again this morning but won't do it again just now. The main problem is that his startle reflex keeps waking himself up in the cot. Sleeping on us, he has less flexibility to do that. He doesn't like to be swaddled. He is now able to thumb sucking but his coordination is pretty bad so dummy is what we try right now.

Speaking of development, @Gelati. Is your DS able to hold his neck very well now without support? DS can't do it. I suspect we didn't give him enough tummy time in the past few weeks. Also, we have other concerns, such as him only likes to turn his head to the right. I noticed that at 6w but DH disagreed with him at the time. We have been trying hard to turn his head to the left for night sleep but sometime he still moves it back.

The gastro paed is targeting his gastro problem but I am hoping he would look at few concerns that we have. Otherwise, i am so tired of having endless dr appts and start over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS: still isn't getting much sleep. I don't know how to do it when DH goes back to work. I know it is normal for baby wanting to be close to us. Hopefully once his startle reflex stops, things will get better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got the SS as well. My Bub likes it and it's better for me too. We made her sit quite upright so she has to work quite hard to get the milk.
    @bbhope hugs that it's not consistent yet but you should still celebrate some of the win. Sounds like it's improving slowly. Hopefully though Bub will be good for you when your DH goes back to work.

I am starting to freak out when DH goes back to work too which is Monday. I'm not sure how to do it by myself. At the moment DH changes nappy, settle her and help at night. My role is to feed. Mainly feeding really.

We have good and bad days too. Last night she won't sleep from 3 to 5 am. Poor DH. I didn't know because I fed her then DH gave her the top up. I went to sleep. Then 2 hours later I woke up to express only to find out DH has been trying to settle her for 2 hours. Poor DH. He didn't wake me up because he wanted me to sleep. I took over. Gave her the boobs then she slept. Perhaps she was tired from all the crying or she just wanted boobs.

I also notice she prefers to turn her head to the right. Is that bad?