Closed Thread
Page 33 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh @Gelati I feel so sad for you. You haven't failed him. Don't be so hard on yourself. You didn't want to be sick and it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself. Formula top up is fine until you fully recover. Better than him starving. I feel really sad though that all your hard work has been reversed by this cold. I would be gutted too. But I still want to tell you don't be too hard on yourself. Make sure you look after yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib it's awful make sure you don't get sick. I have no problems with formula top ups but worried he will get used to bottle and refuse me. I'm back to expressing after every feed. If you think it's hard increasing supply with a newborn it's even harder with a fever and runny nose and even worse exhaustion. I can't even take medication. And no sleep I don't know how long it will take to get back to normal. Luckily dh is home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can't take cold and flu tablet @Gelati? I didn't know that. That's true. Can't help but worry he might get used to the bottle and prefer that. Hopefully you get better soon and bub can continue to BF soon. Oh god expressing while sick would be horrible! Are you able to sleep when he sleep?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No @Minib it dries you up even more so I'm just taking Panadol. I try but it's hard. My mum is sick as well. So she can't really help out. Just had a good cry. I'm in pain but still need to keep going. I feel like I'm being tortured but I have to keep going for DS. Need to keep breastfeeding so he gets my antibodies. Even if it's not much. I'm trying to stay positive but my head hurts and I feel so weak

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs @Gelati you are doing an amazing job. Sacrifice for your son. Hang in there and cry if needed. I would be crying too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Minib

How is ur Bub going? Are you starting to see reduction in top ups? That's great she is getting more awake time and tummy time. Good job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    She hasn't required less top up but j haven't increase it. Still the same amount of top up for 2 week old and she's 3 weeks. My BM supply must have gone up slightly as she's happy

She's doing well. Another poop today after Xmas. Woohoo! Think she poops every 4 days.

Me on the other hand going mental with this confinement. So this morning I told mum I'm cutting it short by 6 days. I'm out. We went out for coffee and god if felt good. Fresh air and sun

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's so great you could take Bub out for a coffee. Did she stay asleep? You are doing so well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    She stayed asleep and woke up once we left the cafe. That's because it was feeding time so we changed her nappy, fed her and she was ok again. She likes being the car and pram. Always fall asleep. And now I've learned how to use bjorn I will use it.

I'm feeling a bit tired now as I haven't had my arvo nap but at the same time felt good to be out and about. Felt like I've achieved something with my life haha.

Hopefully this will tire her out too and she will sleep better tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: his sleep pattern is up and down but I think we have found a crucial point. He is a fussy baby. He won't go down for a nap without a cry. We were way too protective (parents instinct) and rushed into him, picked him up with any type of crying. Then we realised that he would still cry inconsolable sometime no matter what we do. We r following what ngala told us more strictly now. No picking him up as much but to soothe him in the cot. I know what they taught us might not suit for every family but we have mutual idea that's what we want. We haven't gotten to the self soothing part yet but it is an improvement if he can fall asleep with our aid in his cot at this point. Not everyone wants to do self soothing but we are keen. We find the habit of wanting to sleep in our arms has put us on house arrest these days.

You are pretty good on the confinement. I just couldn't do it.
    @Gelati: don't beat yourself up for it. It is unforeseeable. You are doing great for going for this long! I wish I could! Xx
    @Tanej78: when is DH home again? Any word from work?