Closed Thread
Page 24 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    MHN said its fine that she doesn't poo daily. She said Bub should do a poo by this weekend. That's a whole week. Can't be normal??
    There is a pretty big range in poo frequency. Have you joined a Mother's Group yet? You'll find a wide variety in pretty much everything baby related. Also when you phase out the formula that will probably make a difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't joined mothers group yet. I think the council will notify me?

Yeah I'm just worried if my diet is lack of fibre. I'm on some confinement diet which traditionally doesn't have lots of fibre and can cause constipation. But to counter that I eat lots of strawberries, kiwifruit and pear. A big bowl of them everyday. Plus vegetable and lots of water. I've been ok going to the toilet everyday but obviously baby is different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't even thought of mother's group until now. Fear with a colic baby. I haven't gotten out of the house much and too scare to have visitors. I did take him out on the pram in the last two days. Just around the block. Minor improvement. As soon as he was crying, I turned around.

The new community I am living in now has a women group which mother can drop the baby to crèche while have a cuppa. It seems nice.
    @Minib: I dot know about the poop frequency. I recall bub was pooping a lot during the first few weeks. More than once per day for sure. At the moment, we hope he does it everyday because it reduces his colicness.
    @Gelati: wow. Bub is about 60 cm at 10w, which is consistent with his weight in percentile. We over fed him so he gained a heap the first 2w. Then steadily gaining 300g+ per week. He is probably 6kg now. Last weighted at 7w, 5.7kg. Very chubby. Hahah. How we all wish the opposite. I am short so I hope he doesn't get my gene and hopefully as tall as DH. He is about 185cm.

Whoa. Solid food poo stink more?! Formula fed poo is stinky enough for me. I can't imagine what it would smell like if it is more stinky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Mother's Groups are an excellent source of support. I really recommend them.
    @Minib whether you eat fibre or not has no impact on bubs poo - that's not how fibre works. Totally disconnected system (your guts) from your boobs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol @ScubaGal I didn't know that haha.

I just got up ready for a feed. My boobs are ready anyway. And I also have some EBM ready.

Let's hope she poo tomorrow otherwise I will be worried!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib our Bub didn't poop for 2 days after leaving hospital. Once she starts she should start pooping regularly everyday. And as long as consistency is ok when he does poo all is good.

@bbhope oh I'm jealous of your chubby baby. Wish mine was 5.7kg! That would be awesome chubby baby. Ours just has a chubby face but all skinny on body.

I'm the same as you, way too scared to go to mothers group as it goes for 2 hrs Bub will not be happy!! I'm waiting till he's about 12 weeks. Also scared to go out. It's a common feeling for fussy crying babies so you are not alone. Good work on going around the blocks can you take dummy does that work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: dummy doesn't always work. Sometime he will make the vomit sound if he doesn't want it. I walked around the block because I was tiring holding him and he didn't want to sleep. The last day or two, I noticed that he was so worn out that he fell asleep right away when we got home. He fussed little in that case. Better than me trying hard at home to soothe him to sleep. Yesterday, he fussed, I offered dummy ang he fell asleep in it for the first time. Omg. That's an usual because he refused to sleep elsewhere other than my arms. It didn't last long, though. As soon as I stopped walking, he woke up.

Ya, I know mother group is good support but feel like a hassle bringing Bub out. Kinda throwing out of the schedule especially he won't sleep elsewhere and become really fussy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - oh same as mine. Dummy doesn't always work. In fact when we are out dummy barely works. Sometimes I walk a screaming baby home. But still force myself to go out.

Maybe your bub is getting better now. Can sleep in cot and fall asleep in pram. Good work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The best dummy is boob! lol but of course can't do it when you are out walking.
    @bbhope make sure you still go out no matter how quick it is. Still good for you and Bub. I'm still serving my confinement so can't go out yet. 2.5 weeks to go. But I will go out to see MHN and lactation consultant.

Do we have to find out re mothers group or does someone contact us? I will try to go but will see. They wouldn't mind us BF baby there right?
    @bbhope I've asked mum to stop confinement food until bubba poos. She understands but I can see she's not 100% happy.

Ladies I haven't taken any panadol or voltaren for 2 days. Not in pain but have some funny feeling. Sorry tmi. The actual vaj or labia is a bit sore sometimes. Not sure why. Is this common?? Stitches still healing. Still a bit swollen.
    @Tanej78 did you poas again today hun?? Is your official BT tomorrow?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - mhn should enrol you in mothers club. Don't worry everyone gets their boobs out and breastfeeds. Def ok.

It's normal for a bit of pain. Keep doing pelvic floor exercises to increase muscle strength and do you ice? The hospital filled condoms up with water and wrapped them up and froze and I used 3-4 of those a day down there as ice packs to reduce swelling.