Closed Thread
Page 20 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to jump in but @Minib if you're still uncomfortable enough to be taking medication for your stitches, try making an appointment with a women's health physio for ultrasound on your perineum. I had it done when I was in hospital after giving birth and could notice a difference straight away. This also may or may not be an issue for you but I had cracked/bleeding nipples not long after leaving hospital and the physio did laser on my nipples which helped them heal quicker and helped with pain too. But yeah, a good physio is definitely worth a visit! Congrats on your bub

And @bbhope, I've seen a few of your posts recently about your bub. I'm sorry to hear he's had so many issues with feeding and sleeping! A friend of mine recently had a baby who sounds very similar to yours. She mentioned the other day that her CHN (or it may have been Ngala, but I'm pretty sure she said it was the nurse) has referred her to a fussy baby clinic. I had never heard of this before so might be worth asking your CHN though about it if no one has mentioned it to you before? I don't know any other details about it though but worth asking the question!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati @Minib its hard I miss him a lot... i rang him while he was still at airport yesterday crying... but we can't afford to make a baby otherwise... One of those things where you're forced to be strong because there is no other choice

looking forward to some good news at the end of the week, so we can start the countdown to him finishing up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks @ScubaGal @besha

She now weighs 3.4kgs so I might give the baby bjorn a go. Only 100gram short. Wish me luck for the witching hours.

She doesn't poo for over 24 hours now but I'm pretty sure regular wet nappy. I touch the nappy sometimes not very wet but not clean colour. There's some urine colour
    @besha I will call the Physio tomorrow. I might see her for my sore hand and wrist anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you use Huggies nappies, there is a yellow line down the middle of the nappy (on the outside) that turns blue when the nappy is wet. Easiest way to tell if they are doing wees!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry @bbhope I missed your reply... So many things he's missed in the last 3 years... But we keep saying that it's not forever and we'll have plenty of birthdays, anniversaries & Christmas' .... Bigger picture is what keeps us going!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use huggies @besha but never paid attention. Will do the next nappy change. Thanks for the tips

Thanks
    Reviews
    @besha: would love to hear about the fussy baby clinic. I talked to different CHN, none of them seem to be able to give me any good advices. The last one just said that I seemed to have tried everything. as far as I know, ngala is the only one in Perth unless one goes to those priv sleep whisperer.
    @Minib:
    I was on antibiotic, pain killer and voltoren. I skipped the pain killer a few times. Not that it matter because I dint have any milk at the time. I ditched everything when I came home and only finished the antibiotic. It was painful. No doubt. I actually feel a bit pain when peeing ever since so I thought i might be getting uti. But no, Perhaps some nerves were damaged during birth. Everything heals and I still feel that now.
    @Tanej78: so difficult. I don't think I could keep myself together after so many heartache like you. Will pay off one day. Fx for u.
    @Gelati: yes a zombie. DH always manages to get DS to sleep longer in the early morning hrs for whatever reason. He said with a lot of interruptions. I tend to feed him every 3hrs. Geez. At 2.5hr mark last night, I thought it was his stomach pain. He became agitated. Turned out he was hungry. What?! 120ml makes no difference. So better to just stick with 90ml. Sometime it is so hard to tell if he has pain or hungry. His tummy always acting up in early morning hrs.

Over the weekend, we found that he was less grumpy if he got his nap. DH basically just held him for hrs throughout the day. And we took turn. On weekday, it is just so draining for me. Even so, he fussed because it can be uncomfortable in my arms.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (14-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The MHN came and gave a few good tips. No formula top up tonight. MHN said if she's hungry and wants to feed hourly then do that. So that's what I'm going to do. Wish me luck! Feeding hourly with no sleep haha.

She also told me on hot days she wants to feed more. And at night it's hard to settle baby because they tend to get sleepy during the day.

I forgot to ask her if painkillers affect BM. Aargh.

Basically I just have to keep feeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    The MHN came and gave a few good tips. No formula top up tonight. MHN said if she's hungry and wants to feed hourly then do that. So that's what I'm going to do. Wish me luck! Feeding hourly with no sleep haha.

She also told me on hot days she wants to feed more. And at night it's hard to settle baby because they tend to get sleepy during the day.

I forgot to ask her if painkillers affect BM. Aargh.

Basically I just have to keep feeding.
    👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
    What painkillers are you on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I'll ask my friend about it and let you know