Closed Thread
Page 18 of 100 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati: I don't know how many times I have to say that I am jealous!!! I thought if I feed bub a bit more tonight, he would sleep longer. Nope. Still on the 3hrs schedule, 1.5hr Max sleep. He is restless with overnight feed because somehow the gas is more severe in these hrs. After 8w, I realised that I can't help so just have to let him grunt. :"( Earplug doesn't work anymore so restless sleep for me too. He used to be able to sleep for 3hrs (the max he ever did) but the feeding schedule was quite irregular back then and more often.

Yes, that's certainly true for drug. I was doing boot camp early on (day and night!) and with fenugreek. My mom cooked all sort of things to help but I still wasn't producing enough to feed DS Why?! Because we were over feeding bub! Poor little guy was gulping 120ml! Wrong teat too. He was confused about hunger and reflux so did we. It took us a while to realise the problem. If he increased his intake slowly, things would have been different. Jumping from 60ml to 120ml is a lot. Only now at 9w, we r feeding him 120ml only if he wants.

My friend did exactly just that (like minib), refused to top up to keep up the supply. I didn't because it was from the start that he needed it for glucose balance and mild jaundice. Personal choice too regarding top up or not.

Oh...I used to keep Bub on the boobs for an hr and then top up + pump but lactation consultant told me that that's counter productive if you want any sleep at all. 30mins max unless you have just enough to get by. Then frequent feeding is fine. You ladies are so determined and sure will pay off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope I find giving him a bit more at night doesn't really help either. We just top up if I feel like I haven't had enough let down now. Yesterday I gave him a little more to flush out fever. Diluted my breast milk with a bit of water too so he'd do more pees to get rid of fever.

I didn't top up until 3 weeks and my supply was still low. I think cos I didn't feed enough. Then same as you, top up too much and he gained 250 in 3 days! We could tell it was too much from all his poos. They said 150ml per kg of weight per day. We were feeding 120ml from ages ago. Bub loves to eat. I have 120ml at least in the mornings and that's the only time Bub ever spits out boob. Other times he sucks me dry.

The gut matures by 3-4mths so hopefully your son will start sleeping better soon and reflux will reduce. Did you manage to get some sleep last night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I topped up between 30-60ml. Is that too much? Anyway no top up so far today. Last night I did top up 40ml. She was upset and hungry. Mum told me to top up then little Bub slept for 4 hours.

So I'm going to persist without top up during the day and one bottle at night if needed.

My friend is making me lactation cookies and I might get fenugreek as well. My mum is making me red date, goji berries and ginger tea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think 30ml is enough for a 1 week old. She'll be getting some from you and you don't want her to go too long without a feed while still establishing your supply. Try to get 8-12 feeds in a day. I only did 6-7.

How are you recovering?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't feed frequent enough j agree. So I am doing that now.

She's been sleeping for an hour purely from BF. So happy with that I managed to nap for 45 mins too.

Mum is here now. So she's been cooking and cleaning for me. So awesome!!! She's been talking to me as well to support me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I'm recovering well. The stitches still hurt a bit but def getting better. Still swollen though. OB said could take up to 3 weeks. How long can I take painkillers for? I take panadol and voltaren.
    @Tanej78 how are you feeling?? Sorry for all the baby talk. How is tww treating you? Almost BT time. Are you going to poas?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (13-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: after my mom left and advices from ngala, we reduced his feed to 8x 3 hrs block. He used to do every 2hrs or 1.5hrs. Way too much and eats little. Counter productive. It was hard because he used to eat so often. Sometime over feeding. He just doesn't know when to stop. We finally got that under control. Because of his reflux problem, giving him a big bottle will only make things worse. We do 90ml per feed with 30ml extra if needs be now. This is less than what he was eating before! Bub is still consistently gaining 200-300g per week. The last weight was 5.7kg and I am sure he is over 6kg now. He is more like a 3m old baby! He is very chubby but also taller 60cm. No complain here.

The calculation is 150ml x weight / number of feed per day. He would be 110 ml per feed. It is hard to do this with BF baby. This is an estimation. They are in their grow spur so can be more.

No sleep for me from 2am onward. His stomach was full of gas. Grunting and moaning. Every night is like this. I woke DH up at 5am so I did get some sleep. We have seen a huge improvement of his behaviour in the last few days given that he poops every day. He started to sleep in his cot at night rather than on me. He doesn't cry when we do diaper change. In fact, he is smiling and happy take we change him afterward. I really hope that he is starting to grow out of it. But things can change quickly. on his no poop day, he is a little monster. Crying non stop. Few episodes last week. Oh...no. He is not constipated. He just doesn't do it everyday. We are hoping he would.

Ngala appointment next week. It has been a long wait! 4 more days and then DH will take 2w off for Christmas. Thanks goodness. With him around, I can eat and sleep a bit more.

Oh......my friend told me to go for a walk in the pram. I was too scare to try. Guess what? I did short walk, watching his mood. The moment he started to get grumpy, I brought him home. He passed out for his afternoon nap in my arms every time i did that. He doesn't sleep in the pram, though. If only I know this is the method. As I mentioned, I struggle a lot to get him to nap during the day. The whole purpose to see the ngala people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope sounds like you really start to know his routine, what he likes and dislikes. Things should get better

I don't think baby has to poo daily?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ya baby doesn't have to poop everyday but he is a much happier baby if he does. Otherwise just a colicky baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Must be a relief when they poo.
    @bbhope when you did confinement did you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables? Mum was telling me when she did hers hardly any fruits and veg so always constipated. For us, she modified it. Like today I've had some stir fry pork with mushroom and ginger with a big bowl of veg. For afternoon tea she has cut up a big bowl of strawberries (one punnet), 2 kiwifruit and 1 pear just for me. I didn't realise the traditional confinement has minimal fruit and veg.

I don't know what ngala is. What do they do?

You've had it really tough. Not sure how you have survived without sleep. Have you been looking after yourself at all??