Closed Thread
Page 15 of 100 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aw yes I cried when Bub didn't have a poo for over 24 hrs and Bub lost 9% so I can imagine how you would have felt. But good you're on formula so Bub isn't starving. The midwives told me I didn't need it and to persevere. But Bub still sucked so a little formula would have been better for him than watch him cry so much.

Good work on pumping after every feed and Bub is sleeping long enough for you to do it. I only manage twice a day now. It's hard work.

Oh I didn't cry then cos I breast fed him when the did the foot prick and he didn't cry so I was ok. Otherwise I would have. I never thot id be such a softie. I'm blaming the hormones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They didn't let me see it when they pricked jim for the glucose test. They did for the genetic testing. I just let him suck on my boobs.

Good jobs ladies on BF. I feel so sad to let it go. I am topping him up with BF now. Not very often.

DS was a monster yesterday. Non stop crying. He was just over tired but refused to sleep as usual. I find a correlation of crankiness and poop day. He is in good mood today with manageable crying. Yes he poops and sleeps despite long hr of getting him to sleep. He is now doing the poop every other day. Not sure if this is normal for formula fed babies.
    @Minib: 2hrs soothing is long. That's kinda a norm for DS!
    @Gelati: I am sure that u r going to make me jealous. Does Bub have a schedule ?

I think minor improvement is that Bub is willing to sleep in his cot at night. No idea why he can't during the day. I refuse to let him sleep on me at night even if he has tummy pain, which he does every night. I used to pick him up, cuddle him and sleep on me but I found it so disruptive. I missed his hungry cue and I didn't get any sleep. Anyway, I have put him on every 3hrs feed even at night. So sleep for me is generally 1.5hr Max. Exhausting. Because of his reflux, I can't put him down right after feed.

I wonder if he has lactose overload. DH and I looked up the symptoms. His gas tends to be worst in The early morning hrs. He certainly was overloaded early day with huge weight gain. He is still gaining and more like a 3m old bub. He is taller so no complain here. Very much like the Michelin. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - aw chubby bubba I'm jealous. Mine is long and skinny. I want chubby!!

I've been told that giving Bub water when they are formula fed helps prevent constipation. My friend also put a bit more water like 40ml for 30ml formula. She said it helped prevent it.

Mm no real routine. The only one is wakes up once overnight. Sleeps between 7-9 hrs with one wake up overnight. On a bad night wakes up twice. During the day a few 30-40min sleeps and last few days a couple of 2hr sleeps. Hope that lasts but who knows what this weekend will be like after vaccination. Like you said Bub only cries for a reason. I've got baby Panadol ready. Last time we had that really bad day we realised he was too hot. It was that really humid day.
    Last edited by Gelati; 11-12-2015 at 18:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: that kind of schedule would be a dream for me. I am feeding twice between midnight and 7am. More like 3x because I went to bed like 9am when Bub did and his last feed is usually 7:30pm. It is still a challenge to get him to nap during the day! 30mins would be a dream. Sigh....still feel so bum about getting a colic baby. I am a bit scare to let DH with DS alone after this evening. I went out for 30mins. He gets frustrated with him very fast and let him cry it out to point that he is sobering afterward. It only happened to me once and that's yesterday. DS was just getting cranky after no nap for he entire afternoon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Btw, DS had low grade fever. We didn't use panadol in the end because it wasn't too high.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - I can imagine your frustration and exhaustion. With no one else there to help of course it would be wearing you both down. How long did dh have him for? Can you guys do shift work? Even if dh does 4 hrs to let you get some sleep would make a difference.

Hopefully it all starts to improve soon. You're just a few weeks off 12 weeks. Majority get better by then so fingers crossed. Can you get any friends to help for a few hrs so you can get a sleep in? Maybe just hold Bub for 2 hrs? Any chance your mum can come back if you ask her?

I'm the same as you. Highest it's gone to was 37.4 so I just left it. It's come back down now. Didn't want to give him medicine if I could help it. Did you use ear thermometer or underarm? I used both and under arm was always lower.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies how do you teach a 1 week old baby day and night? Is it possible? She sleeps through the day. Only awake for feeding. At night, she's wide awake. I finally got some sleep at 4 am. That's because I asked DH to help. I let him slept upstairs last night as he was starting to feel run down. But by 4 am, i needed some sleep so I asked him to look after Bub. And she fell asleep half an hour later lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I was so happy when Bub did a poo haha. She was on my breast during the heel prick but wasn't enough to distract her. The formula keeps her full but I feel so guilty. She's now so lazy to suck on my boobs. Don't know what to do.
    @bbhope I also get 1.5 hour sleep max. Feed for around 45 mins. Top up formula a few mins. Then express for 30-45 mins. And the cycle starts again.
    @Tanej78 how's tww treating you? Almost a week down and one more to go. When Is your BT?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (13-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - aw after all you hard work. Or maybe DH has the magic touch? Hehe

We did it by letting Bub see sunlight while breastfeeding. When we were soothing him we'd let him look out the window and also talk and have noises around him like tv etc. before he knew night /day we put his bassinet in a sunlit room with noises while he slept. At night all lights off no noises and eve when changing it was dim lights. No talking or interaction. Bub is also not scared of the dark now. At night when we put him in his pitch black room he falls asleep himself. The day is a diff story tho!

Did lactation nurse say 30-45 min that seems like a long time. Mine said 20. How much milk do you get? Try not to wear yourself out as being well rested helps with milk supply. One of natures cruel jokes!

if the jaundice is under control now maybe start reducing formula? And just give her more feeds if she's hungry. Her sucking is better than a pump anyways for milk supply. Otherwise I've heard of feeding with a syringe or spoon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    With pumping I get 20ml best after 30 mins of pumping. It seems low yeah? She keeps falling asleep that's why even though it's 45 mins feeding she probably only sucks for a good 20 mins. I tickled her nothing. She just keep sleeping.

Good tip re day and night. I'll try that j have TV on in the background but at night it's not too different. I'll make sure it's dark and no interaction then.

Syringe is a good idea. I'll try that.