Closed Thread
Page 10 of 100 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati: we try dummy. Yes he takes it but he still needs us to soothe him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow @Tanej78

First morning was easy. She was a dream baby. After 3 pm she won't stop crying. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Fed her more. Midwives told me to just put her on the boob more. She's happy on the boob once we tried to put her in the bassinet she cried. This is hard!

She has a very strong lung too. Massive cry! Reckon the room down the hall can hear her cry.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (06-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you @Minib xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib think first night is good cos they still have a bit of the epi in them and they are tired from the birth. On the boob is good to get milk supply in but don't be afraid to give them a little formula. I didn't but if I had to do it again I would. But our son is a big eater and sucky baby so it wouldn't have affected his sucking. If it makes your daughter stop sucking then I'd stop the formula

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked the midwives here if she needed top up. They said no need yet. So I fed her again. She cried again. Took ages to settle her and we finally got some sleep. Quite a few crying babies last night. Made me feel better mine wasn't the only one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good work on getting her settled. It's great practise and better to have it at the hospital where the midwives can help you. Yeh they are really reluctant for top up. Cos they want your milk to be in full supply. I remember I had Bub in the boob for 3 hrs just to keep him sucking cos he wouldn't stop. Now I realise it's too long and he was just comfort sucking and it's hard in the nipples.

Hope you managed to get some sleep. Don't worry about people in the other rooms. You're all in the same boat. Their baby will cry when yours is sleeping etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear that Bub settled reasonably well the first day. That cry for hunger or need nappy change or anything.

Did your milk come in? For me, formula wasn't a choice. I passed out after the birth and bub glucose level was low (due to me being GD). He needed the food to get the level up. We adapted the strategy of sucking (for nothing), top up and then pump. The boot camp. I skipped the pump session few times since I needed sleep an didn't see the reason because milk hadn't come in. Keep the BF going. I feel a bit sad to let it go but that's the best I can do now given Bub hardly sleep these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bub took a long time to settle this morning. So we used the dummy. She fell asleep straight away. But the next feed after that she felt different. It's like she prefers the dummy and doesn't suck very well on me. Might not be able to use the dummy too often. She just had her first bath. Cried of course. Then gave her more boob and swaddled her, she fell asleep straight away. Fingers crossed she's been asleep for an hour now with no dummy and swaddle still in tact. Another midwife taught us a different way of swaddle where her arms are in the swaddle but up near her shoulder so she must have liked this swaddle more. I think it's called angle wrap.

I'm still struggling to understand what type of cry. She also have a massive cry. All the midwives said her cry doesn't sound like a newborn. Very loud. Lol. Looks like we have got ourselves a handful here.

I have haemorrhoid from the labour so it's a bit painful but otherwise recovering well from the labour, epidural and episiotomy.
    @Gelati she was on my boob for 2 hours last night. Surely she can't be that hungry.

I haven't felt my milk coming yet.
    @bbhope I practically passed out after labour. Not really. I was just so exhausted that I kept falling asleep while she was on my boob sucking. I let her suck and we both fell asleep lol. After 40 mins on boob contacts I actually slept for 1.5 hours. DH looked after her. He actually really loved the bonding time.
    @Tanej78 how was that transfer? Did you get a photo of the embryo? Happy PUPO? When is BT?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope you are doing the best you can. A bAby that doesn't sleep is exhausting. Our Bub has been terrible last night and today and I'm drained. Let alone what you've been thru. I think maybe the heat got to him. And now he is cranky and overtired. Won't sleep last never than 30min so I have to keep feeding him to hen he wakes otherwise there's no soothing him. My mum can't even get him down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like your doing everything you can to learn and adjust with her as she is to you @Minib hugs xx

Yep PUPO with a hatching blast on board...

The others are still kicking possibly 2 might hatch ready for biopsy today... The other 4 not quite blasts yet... So full report on them will come tomorrow bit nervous but will try and just focus now on this one 👌🏻😬

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1449459012.695078.jpg