+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I third the lecithin suggestion. Nothing else works for me. When I feel a painful hard lump forming, I take two capsules three times a day and feed as much as possible (dangle feeding sometimes sped the unclogging process). It seems to help emulsify any coagulated/stringy milk stuck in the ducts and allows the built up pressure to pop it out.

I found one capsule morning and night to be preventative, when I remembered.

I tried hot and cold, electric toothbrushes, massage, different feeding positions and cabbage, but lecithin saved me numerous times.

Good luck!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardi For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (30-11-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I have been recommended alternating both hot and cold compresses in the past. However, I find cold compresses make it impossible to express and make it more painful. I had the same problem when ds was a newbie with the rite aid cold breast pads...so many people swore by them and I couldn't stand them!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've always done hot, never cold.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (30-11-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks everyone it continued yesterday and then I think she sucked it out. But now I've got a block in the other breast! I was favoring the other side so much to get that blockage out I got quite engorged on the left. I'm trying bra free time as much as possible. I find that bras and crop tops squash the edges of my boobs when I pull them down to feed so I wonder if that's contributed by stopping free flow. I also have to feed with a nipple shield as she can't latch and I've read that they can cause blockages but there's not much I can do about that (can't latch).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Thanks everyone it continued yesterday and then I think she sucked it out. But now I've got a block in the other breast! I was favoring the other side so much to get that blockage out I got quite engorged on the left. I'm trying bra free time as much as possible. I find that bras and crop tops squash the edges of my boobs when I pull them down to feed so I wonder if that's contributed by stopping free flow. I also have to feed with a nipple shield as she can't latch and I've read that they can cause blockages but there's not much I can do about that (can't latch).
    I was going to also mention to you, if you can, don't wear any bras with underwires, they're not good for breastfeeding and flow. I always wore bras with no underwires, nice soft edges or sans bra. That said, I'm small busted (even when breastfeeding) so understand if you can't go sans bra etc.

Hope you're feeling much better now hon. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    I was going to also mention to you, if you can, don't wear any bras with underwires, they're not good for breastfeeding and flow. I always wore bras with no underwires, nice soft edges or sans bra. That said, I'm small busted (even when breastfeeding) so understand if you can't go sans bra etc.

Hope you're feeling much better now hon. x
    Thank you 😀 yes she sucked the other blockage out too 😂 the dangle feeding seems to help. I usually wear a soft maternity crop top at home and the bonds maternity bras when leaving the house which are wire free but as they bunch up I'm sure they still squash the flow so I've been setting them free all week lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Those maternity crop bras are the best! I'm glad to hear the dangle feeding worked. I had blocked ducts probably about three times in breastfeeding my four and fortunately never to the point of Mastitis, but without a doubt, dangle feeding with bub sucking the blockage out, was the best thing, in conjunction with the electric toothbrush and pushing it out brutally in the shower etc.

Gotta love setting them free, best.feeling.ever!