+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    That seems to be quite reasonable compared to what I've seen so far - thank you for giving me some idea of what is expected. Hoping one of the ones I haven't checked out yet will be the one! I think the most expensive one was a chain one.
    No worries. I am shocked about the $500 they're asking you to pay and that doesn't include dancing lessons. Wow!

This year my daughter's dance fees were $297 a term for 3 lessons. That includes a 10% discount for doing 3 classes.

It seems ok after reading what other people charge, but when I think that my son's footy was $25 registration for the year and $20 shorts and socks which he can use next year, dancing is bloody expensive. But my daughter loves it and it keeps her active so I just suck it up!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Little Ted I'm looking for the same kind of thing for my 4 year old. She loves ballet & ballerinas but I want to wait a little before structured lessons. This looks pretty good: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...g-girl/227746/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Little Ted I'm looking for the same kind of thing for my 4 year old. She loves ballet & ballerinas but I want to wait a little before structured lessons. This looks pretty good: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...g-girl/227746/
    My dd is 4 also and loves this show. I've got this and another dancing one for her for Xmas. I ordered them online from booktopia. The fairy dancing girl song is very catchy and gets stuck in your head, it's cute but a bit annoying after a while!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dollypops For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A $500 joining fee is outrageous.

Our dance teacher has a 45 minute lesson for preschoolers - this is 15 minutes ballet, 15 minutes tap and 15 minutes of tap.

There is a uniform, but they don't have to have it. They need ballet and tap shoes, but just use the same shoes for ballet and jazz. They also need dance socks. You can purchase stockings, but they are really only needed for the concert.

Concerts and exam fees are extra.

From memory the lessons were around $12 a week.

There is also an annual insurance fee, we pay term one every year and I can't remember what it is - somewhere around the $50 mark.

ETA - I don't know of any ballet videos, but my DD used to have this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Ballet-C...WP428BTWY06AGC

It outlined first position, second position etc. My DD used to love copying the moves set out in the book.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 29-11-2015 at 09:35.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shebes View Post
    How old is your little girl?
    My DD is 4 and she has done 'ballet' for 2 years now. The lessons are $165 for a term - she doesn't need a uniform yet, but will next year. She is doing the concert this year which is expensive - $70 for costume hire and then $38/adult for a ticket.
    If your DD is young she may enjoy 'The Fairies' DVDs. They do a lot of singing and ballet (I think there is even a dance special).
    She's 4 at the moment. We may change our minds about classes half way through the year, but for now I think DH wants to start her when she starts school as that's when the boys started other sports.

@BigRedV - You have an awesome soccer club. Our boys rego costs combined were over $300, so it must have been around the $150 mark - there was a slight saving for having more than one child participating. Then the shorts, shin pads, shoes and 2 x socks on top of that. I think they blame the extra costs on insurances? Sports were so much cheaper when we were little.

I must say thought that so far we haven't had to buy bigger shorts or socks. Our eldest will need larger shin pads next year though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Thank you - I had a quick squiz. We have one not too far away that I might have a look at when I grab groceries next.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    No worries. I am shocked about the $500 they're asking you to pay and that doesn't include dancing lessons. Wow!

This year my daughter's dance fees were $297 a term for 3 lessons. That includes a 10% discount for doing 3 classes.

It seems ok after reading what other people charge, but when I think that my son's footy was $25 registration for the year and $20 shorts and socks which he can use next year, dancing is bloody expensive. But my daughter loves it and it keeps her active so I just suck it up!
    I was a bit surprised by the cost of the kit for that one too - there was no option on wearing a generic outfit from elsewhere either, so we quickly crossed that one off our list. I guess from a business perspective they are making a fortune from all the extra "fluff".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The fees are only $25 because it's u/6's. I think when he gets to u/7's it's $75 registration. This is rugby league, not soccer. Not sure if that's why but I do know that many of the local clubs charge the same. Maybe the nrl subsidises a lot of the fees?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (29-11-2015)