+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Question regarding back pay & claiming child support

Omg it's been years & years since I posted! Anyway, I have a quick question if anyone knows. I had my second baby in July, father & I separated, however we are on great terms and he has regular contact with our daughter. He has been giving me a certain amount of money per week to help with costs of our daughter. I went to fill out a child support claim so I am still able to receive the full PPS payment however it kept stuffing up so I never really got around to sending it off. Now since they haven't received a claim, my payment dropped dramatically and has been reduced for at least the last three months. I'm wondering when I advise child support of my private agreement, will I be back paid the amount I should have received had I got the god damn form done sooner? Thanks so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you mean will your FTB be back dated at the higher rate? No it won't. You get 3 months to take action and then it decreases until you do.

Similar Threads

1. Child Support question
    By judabellah in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2015, 20:15
  2. Child Care Rebate - additional child question
    By gizmo in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-03-2015, 16:58
  3. Child support
    By nudge88 in forum Single Parents
    Replies: 9