+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Being second best to his mates is not ok. That said , after bring dissapointed on many anniversaries, valentines days etc. I have come to learn that gifts and big gestures are not my DH's thing. I found the book Love Languages (forget who the author is) really helpful on this topic, it explained how my DH may have other ways of showing his love rather than big bunches of flowers.
    Is it possible your DH is a little like this? Maybe grand gestures of romance embarrass him? I know this is the case with my DH.
    Feel free to ignore me if you don't think this is the case, just thought I would offer another perspective

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MillieMollyMandy For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (29-11-2015),Liz101  (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    That is just disgusting, immature and unacceptable behaviour! Does he act like that often?
    No he has never immitated/ mocked me before, or ever told me to shut up, Today was a first, the last few months we have had our fair share of arguments mainly about his friends and money but it falls on deaf ears, I'm constantly let down by him in regards to things we "should" or "gonna" do, he has just become very caught up in his own space and time

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling tired of being second best

Quote Originally Posted by MillieMollyMandy View Post
    Being second best to his mates is not ok. That said , after bring dissapointed on many anniversaries, valentines days etc. I have come to learn that gifts and big gestures are not my DH's thing. I found the book Love Languages (forget who the author is) really helpful on this topic, it explained how my DH may have other ways of showing his love rather than big bunches of flowers.
    Is it possible your DH is a little like this? Maybe grand gestures of romance embarrass him? I know this is the case with my DH.
    Feel free to ignore me if you don't think this is the case, just thought I would offer another perspective
    Thankyou, I hope so? I'm not into large gifts etc and we have been saving for our first family holiday so the birthday or anniversary gift wasn't a big deal, I just feel as though a simple drive somewhere different or a trip to the beach would have been nice as opposed to leaving me alone all day πŸ˜₯ will look into this book though Thankyou

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    That's pretty douchey behaviour. I agree with what a pp said that sometimes men show they care in other ways like trying to fix or make things for you but to mock you sounds pretty mean.

All I can suggest is that you take yourself out and treat yourself how you deserve to be treated. A little bit of self investment never goes astray.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz101 View Post
    No he has never immitated/ mocked me before, or ever told me to shut up, Today was a first, the last few months we have had our fair share of arguments mainly about his friends and money but it falls on deaf ears, I'm constantly let down by him in regards to things we "should" or "gonna" do, he has just become very caught up in his own space and time
    I'm glad that it was a one off, even though once is more than enough.

Agree with the others about Love Languages. Oprah had a "Life Class" show on it that I saw the other day, it may be on YouTube if you wanted to get an overview of it tonight.

I hope he comes home soon with a bunch of flowers and apologises like mad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The no present thing wouldn't bother me. The fact he said you should do something, then arranged plans with his mates and then mocked you for being upset....yeah. I have big issues with that.
    I would actually sit him down tomorrow and genuinely ask him what his expectations and ideals were for the relationship, and then go from there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, the imitating/mocking you is awful. That's mean and there's no excuse for that kind of thing. I'd be pretty furious and I'd call him on that. I'd be telling him that he is never to talk to you that way again - ever.

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm so sorry he did this to you.
    I'm sad that several times you've mentioned being embarrassed.
    His behaviour is not your fault
    Can I suggest you get some counselling on your own, to help you work out your bottom line and gather some strength to communicate to your DH what you will and won't accept in your marriage.
    Obviously if your DH can accept there are problems and is willing to go too, then great.
    But if he can't see that his behaviour is an issue then you will need some support.
    Hoping for only good things for you

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (29-11-2015),~Marigold~  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz101 View Post
    Thanks girls he didn't forget, he actually mentioned it through the week that the year went quick and that we should do something nice without the little one (hence my mum looking after him)
    When I said I felt hurt and unappreciated, He actually imitated my voice and waved his arms around idiotiocally and said "that's how stupid you sound" before leaving.
    I'm just devastated, and embarrassed And so very disappointed
    That's really not on. Unacceptable childish and borderline vindictive behaviour from someone who is meant to respect and honour you.

:-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel sad for you. I hope you are doing something Nice for yourself today. Try not to be home when he gets home so he's wondering where you areπŸ˜‰

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

Ttc122710  (29-11-2015)