Closed Thread
Page 59 of 105 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies my husband and I just watched this video on taking home a new born and found it quite helpful. May be worth a watch for the first time mummies https://youtu.be/mRRwtR-ogXo

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gypsychild For This Useful Post:

Evelynmoo  (23-02-2016),Lexy123  (23-02-2016),Lolly99  (23-02-2016),NORgirl  (24-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Harmony is blood test only. Some will do a scan but that's not actually a part of the test at all. It's just to make sure Bub is alive before you hand over $600 lol :-/
    NT is blood test + scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I am 6 weeks today which is a miracle after 5 years and 13 rounds of IVF trying... This was a frozen natural cycle with a 5 day hatching blastocyst PGD tested embryo, so I am feeling hopeful (but nervous all the same) due approx mid Oct.we have a scan booked in for next Tuesday (6w,6d). Blood tests have been very good, 700, 20000. The IVF clinic don't do any more blood tests, I feel like I wouldn't mind tracking my HCG for my own peace of mind, has anyone else done this? Also apart from a. 6 week scan and booking in an obstetrician is there anything else anyone can suggest that I should be doing? Obviously new to this, and out of my comfort zone.. It is bizarre I didn't realise how dependant I was on the IVF Institution (how sad is that)..

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lea7 For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (24-02-2016),MissTilly  (24-02-2016),Mona424  (24-02-2016),NORgirl  (24-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea7 View Post
    Hi I am 6 weeks today which is a miracle after 5 years and 13 rounds of IVF trying... This was a frozen natural cycle with a 5 day hatching blastocyst PGD tested embryo, so I am feeling hopeful (but nervous all the same) due approx mid Oct.we have a scan booked in for next Tuesday (6w,6d). Blood tests have been very good, 700, 20000. The IVF clinic don't do any more blood tests, I feel like I wouldn't mind tracking my HCG for my own peace of mind, has anyone else done this? Also apart from a. 6 week scan and booking in an obstetrician is there anything else anyone can suggest that I should be doing? Obviously new to this, and out of my comfort zone.. It is bizarre I didn't realise how dependant I was on the IVF Institution (how sad is that)..
    Ive been using my GP to track numbers in between ivf clinic and will continue to do so for my own peace of mind too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome lea7 wow what a journey 13 rounds of IVF! I'm so glad you got a little Bub on board! I booked in to see a ob at about 8 weeks. So my IVF clinic did a scan at 7 weeks and an optional one at 10 weeks and then have basically handed me over to the ob. I'm seeing him again today (12 1/2 weeks)
    Once you see you ob at about 8 weeks you can discuss your next steps and the different testing involved

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea7 View Post
    Hi lea congrats id go to your gp to track bloods. My clinic did bloods till 7 weeks and had my scan at 8. I'll see my ob at 10. Im surprised not all clinics did this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Welcome lea. The girls have given all the good advice. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due August/Sept/Oct '16

My FS is also my OB, so the lines are a bit blurry as to when I'm officially an OB patient. I think last time it was closer to the 12 week mark

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lea congrats! I also had a long road but have had a smooth pregnancy so far, 12w today, woohoo!! It took a lot of getting used to not monitoring everything and I did ask the GP for a couple of bloods prescriptions so I had an extra one or two when I felt the need. Once I had the 7w scan there was no need but still hurdles to cross all along the way of course! Just more time between hurdles compared to IVF so seems far less stressful... I figure, science needed to help me get here but now maybe nature can take it from here knowing what to do??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im 5 and a half weeks preg and cramping and back ache did anyone else suffer from this