Closed Thread
Page 54 of 105 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NORgirl View Post
    I'm wondering too! I was told they won't let you leave hospital without a capsule
    Can't leave without a car seat in general. Doesn't have to be a capsule specifically. As long as it's fitted correctly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all!! Thought I'd jump on this thread & say hi! I'm 6 weeks today! Calculator says I'm due on the 17th Oct and my first scan is next Monday. I went through primary IVF in Sydney and found the whole experience amazing. IVF definitely wasn't as scary/daunting as I thought it was going to be first time round. I was lucky enough to be able to take the 3 weeks off to cycle from work so it felt more like a holiday staying with family with an awesome view in Clovelly! Having not been able to fall naturally for over 4 years and thinking our only option was expensive IVF, I was stoked when a friend told me about primary IVF which is bulk billed! Total cycle cost out of pocket was roughly $600. We had 3 eggs collected, 2 eggs fertilised, 3 day transfer with one embryo & BFP results but the other embryo didn't make it to freezing stage.

Can't wait to start buying bits and pieces too but we're holding off until 12 weeks. That hasn't stopped me though from googling the crap out of prams, cots & capsules! πŸ™ŠπŸ‘ΆπŸΌ

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

Lexy123  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I havent even thought about buying anything I have a full nursery set up with the boori sleigh cot change table and tall boy and a strider pram all purchased brand new when I had mason they are in Immaculate condition. Ibhave plenty of newborn clothes. Only need to get a new baby bath and car seat and bouncer and a few other things im pretty set. Though it wont stop me over spending because everything is so little and cute. 9 days til my viability scan the weight is killing me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You ladies are making me feel very disorganised! We literally haven't set up or bought a single thing yet. I think on some level I still feel like it could all be taken away at any minute, so I'm scared that I'm tempting fate somehow by buying stuff. Stupid, I know, and sooner or later I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get over it! I did walk around the baby area at Kmart this morning and actually touched some baby things, so I'm making progress Damn ivf, I'm sure I wouldn't be like this if things had been straightforward and easy.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (21-02-2016),Bluemeeple  (22-02-2016),gypsychild  (21-02-2016),Hopeful37  (21-02-2016),MissTilly  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsChino View Post
    You ladies are making me feel very disorganised! We literally haven't set up or bought a single thing yet. I think on some level I still feel like it could all be taken away at any minute, so I'm scared that I'm tempting fate somehow by buying stuff. Stupid, I know, and sooner or later I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get over it! I did walk around the baby area at Kmart this morning and actually touched some baby things, so I'm making progress Damn ivf, I'm sure I wouldn't be like this if things had been straightforward and easy.
    I'm the same! I don't plan on buying anything til 30weeks, so still have a few months left until I have to start thinking about it. It's good to hear the brands and styles of what everyone is buying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We can't afford to buy everything within one pay cycle. Spreading it out by buying one or two big ticket items each pay ensures we can still afford food πŸ€“

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm nervous to buy things as well... Mostly I am just buying a few little outfits when bonds has 40% off and catch of the day have some good bargains on a few toys and also a bottle warmer was $20 down from $80 so grabbed that... Otherwise I think after 25 weeks we will start buying by things... Though lay buying as well as with the IVF bill, OB bills and moving house prefer to spread the spending out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ttc1981 when is your next scan? They couldn't see bubs sex at the one you had recently could they?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the same as MrsTugs. We're trying to spread the costs out a bit so we can save some money before I'm on maternity leave. Sometimes for cots and bedroom furniture there can be quite a long wait for it too (especially in Perth). My friend waited six months for her sons bedroom setting including the cot and another was limited with pram choice because of ordering times. With the pram I'm not sure how many places she tried or many of the other details.

You just have to prepare in a way you're comfortable. Buying actual items other than clothing yesterday pushed my comfort levels. I just kept telling myself that if something is going to go wrong buying items is not going to be the reason they do. It helped and i also rationalised that the items I wanted were on sale.

The swing we got is an ingenuity giraffe swing from toys r us. It was $100 off and cost $199. It swings in two directions and has lights and music. It's bigger than others but high enough to keep bubs away from the dogs. You could probably get a second hand one if the cost was too high.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Peedypie For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsChino View Post
    At first I thought the same but really you can't jinx yourself whatever will be will be. I figure the hardest part is over now (actually getting pregnant) ! Xx