Closed Thread
Page 53 of 105 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    There isn't much point in buying too much if you're moving. Just adds to the workload!

Both car capsules and bassinets get limited use. I'm not sure i would have bothered if my sister hadn't of given them to me. But if you're planning on having a few kids then the amount of use might be worth it. Depending on your view too you may be able to get some items from gumtree or ebay second hand. We got our boori sleigh cot from gumtree for a few hundred and hubby sanded and repainted it.

We were in baby bunting yesterday arvo too! I was the one threatening to put my stepsons toy back on the shelf if his attitude didn't improve! 😂😂😂 he gave me so much **** yesterday! 😑

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Peedypie what swinger did u get to keep Bub up from fury babies? I think I need it. My fur baby is a shocker and is going to be all over him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsychild View Post
    MrsTugs where did you buy your cosleeper from? My husband wanted a wooden one but we didn't see it at Baby Bunting or the other store today (they had material ones)
    It's just a regular cot with one side removed lol. We wanted a full size cot as most cosleepers are only bassinet size.
    Now this means if we ever want to move it out or it's not working for us we just put the side back on and voila it's a regular cot for the nursery 😁

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Peedy we got bassinet off eBay for next to nothing and capsule for car from gumtree brand new for 100 bucks !! I want lots of kids so I think the capsule is well worth it being able to transfer seamlessly from car to pram even if it only lasts a couple of months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Peedypie View Post
    There isn't much point in buying too much if you're moving. Just adds to the workload!

Both car capsules and bassinets get limited use. I'm not sure i would have bothered if my sister hadn't of given them to me. But if you're planning on having a few kids then the amount of use might be worth it. Depending on your view too you may be able to get some items from gumtree or ebay second hand. We got our boori sleigh cot from gumtree for a few hundred and hubby sanded and repainted it.

We were in baby bunting yesterday arvo too! I was the one threatening to put my stepsons toy back on the shelf if his attitude didn't improve! 😂😂😂 he gave me so much **** yesterday! 😑
    Sorry for my ignorance but what are the options if you want to avoid buying a car capsule and a bassinet? Can you just go straight to car seat and cot, what are the disadvantages?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    I can understand your concern but like you say it's super common. Nearly half of all pregnancies have some sort of bleed. Keep us updated though xx
    The spotting was gone when I woke up this morning, thankfully!! I'm only 6 weeks and haven't seen the OB yet, so I'll call the nurses at the clinic tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillout71 View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance but what are the options if you want to avoid buying a car capsule and a bassinet? Can you just go straight to car seat and cot, what are the disadvantages?
    I'm wondering too! I was told they won't let you leave hospital without a capsule

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didnt have a capsule for my first born I got a convertible car seat that suited newborn to 4 years its excellent I got safety first sentinel. You can hire a capsule through the hospital if you like. The do allow you to leave hospital without a capsule. Also I purchased a bassinette it was a waste of time but that was my personal experience

Thanks
    Reviews
    Getting in on the capsule discussion I've been trying to decide if it's worth while getting one and was talking to a friend about it. She's going to let me borrow hers, she said it was fantastic in the early months not having to disturb Bub straight away. So far we've got the boori sleigh cot, drawers with change table attached & put the urban Bassinette plus 2 Britex car seats on lay by. I wanted to get my pram too but the lady said leave that to last as it has the shortest warranty starting from purchase date. Can't wait to find out what it is so I can do up the room !!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lexy123 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (21-02-2016),MrsTugs  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No capsules are not necessary. You can get car seats that seat from newborn to 5 years lol.

In regards to bassinet the only benefit is that they're more versatile. But transferring baby from bassinet to cot can be difficult. Absolutely nothing stopping you from putting Bub straight into cot. Bassinets were invented for mothers who wanted their baby close to them. But we just decided to have the whole cot in our room 😂🤓