Closed Thread
Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Seems like there a few high risk pregnancies here.

I'm high risk because I have a unicornuate uterus (essentially half a uterus). My risk is miscarriage in the first trimester and the baby running out of room to grow and going into premature labour.

Last time I had OB appointments with a Scan every 4-5 weeks and proper sonographer scans inbetween each OB appointment... So almost a scan every 2 weeks.

It's does get inconvenient and costly, but at least u get regular reassurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My last pregnancy was text book til 37 weeks bp sky rocketed and I had emerg csecy due to pre eclampsia. Hope to avoid this time around

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have prothrombin gene mutation with a strong family history of issues which include my Mum and (my Aunty) her sister passing away suddenly within a year of each other from the clotting disorder which was unknown of till my Mum's passing... Yes on clexane shots daily which are working perfectly so far and the doctor couldn't be happier... I agree the scans are costly but the doctor knowing what is going on is great... I'm also allowed to go in during the week if I ever feel the need for another scan but so far everything is going smoothly and my doctor only takes private patients one day a week so I'm happy going with his advice
    We have issues with this clotting disorder of the body rejecting the baby in the first trimester and in the last trimester growth issues if things aren't monitored...
    We also just told our family there all having to get the whooping cough vaccine which they all agreed too (once the world wide shortage is over and they can get it early May) as we're not taking any chances... As I said to a friend yesterday I would if loved a straight forward pregnancy journey but least I'm lucky enough through medical science and monitoring to be pregnant and some are not that lucky

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I suppose ivf is bound to naturally bring more high risk together 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    May I ask if anyone else here is suffering from constipation? Two weeks ago there was a time I didn't go for 3 days! Not very comfortable I tell you. Now I've taken to eating bran for breakfast which has got me to suffering for only 2 days at a time :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I did have it once but started taking fibre and eating even more fruit and that helped... Naturally try Pear juice that really helps it's terrible when you are constipated hope something helps

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsychild View Post
    May I ask if anyone else here is suffering from constipation? Two weeks ago there was a time I didn't go for 3 days! Not very comfortable I tell you. Now I've taken to eating bran for breakfast which has got me to suffering for only 2 days at a time :/
    Yes I have really bad!!! I've just been trying to eat plenty of fruit. Pears work really well and with my first pregnancy I used to eat about 5 or 6 prunes and then drink some apple and pear juice.

I've been having nectarines and pears and it has been working... This is the not so pleasant stuff about pregnancy...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all,

I just received my first BFP yesterday. I'm still on shaky, rocky grounds so although I'm trying to stay positive I'm also being a bit of mental anxiety case about it all.

My levels for 3w6d were HCG 202 and Progesterone 178 or 187 (cant remember that one). FN doesnt want another BT for a whole week but I can't wait that long so I'm trying to get sneaky ones with the GP every 48-72 hours instead.

I dont know anything about progesterone levels so does mine seem good?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @Evelynmoo!! What fab news!! I had good levels of p4 in the 120's, so your levels are fine. I am however still on 800mg p4/day for my immune issues (hoping to start weaning soon- next bt mid next week to check out where I am......

I'm still constipated terribly too.....eating heaps of fruit, psyllium, trying to drink my body weight in water and have even tried prunes....haven't found my magic bullet yet.....

As for scans, I have one at every OB appt too and had one at about 13w, 14w next one at 19w, but my OB has said to come in anytime I am worried which makes me feel better.....

Taste buds seem to be sorting themselves out- read an article on 'Burning Mouth' which went through lack of zinc, b12 and b6, so have been taking extra of those (which I am traditionally low in due to coeliac disease anyway) so not sure if that's what's done the trick or I'm just used to the weird tastes now!

Also- anyone else with 'fankles'? My ankles are so fat! Only 16 wks so not sure if I need to be worried??

Hope you are all well

Ruby xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    5 weeks tomorrow the morning sickness is in full swing. Morning sickness second time around sucks when entertaining a 3 year old. It hits me around 2pm everyday.