Closed Thread
Page 41 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ruby even if ur ob wasn't planning on scanning tell her you're feeling concerned and she will.
    My sister is 7w ATM but she had a mc in December so she's being quite hesitant understandably so.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Ruby16  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will def do that @MrsTugs.....and can totes understand your sisters angst, but wishing her all the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Had a ten week scan today. Oh wow how things progress so quickly! I couldn't believe how much more defined it was compared to the 7 week scan where it was basically just a dot! I had my blood test for the genesyete Nipt test done too. So I get those results in 5-8 working dates. Argg more waiting!
    I'm away this week for work so hopefully it goes quickly!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

Lexy123  (08-02-2016),Mona424  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby16 View Post
    Am so glad I'm not the only one whose tastebuds have gone haywire!!......the only thing that tastes the same to me is S&V chips, chocolate and apples....so a very healthy diet if I was to stick to those!!

I'm hearing you on the immune thing @Alittleray.....I'm hoping I don't have to stay on the clexane the whole way through.....good idea about the insulin needles though....are you diabetic -in order to have access to them? I think that's half the problem with the clexane injections those bl00dy needles are sooo blunt! (My opinion only!)......

Can I just second the S&V chips oh my what a delight I'm only 6wks5days but have eaten them non stop for a week lol

Also suffering with daily clexane injections...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi alittleray. I found out today the scan they do after you get harmony results is sort of like a mini anatomy scan. The ultrasound lady today said it was like a nuchal scan but they don't call it that. So I sound vague in my explanation right?! Anyways I'm going on Thursday but today they gave me harmony test results and all great very low risk like less than 1 in 10000 chance of downs, Edwards, etc so pleased with that.
    I'm finally able to eat a bit healthier in the last few days. For weeks all I wanted was crisps and white bread. Salada biscuits and potatoes. Have actually had proper green salad for lunch the last few days! Still a bit pukey but not as bad.
    Have noticed my nails growing like crazy! Seriously every week it's something else strange happening in my body.
    Hope everyone is going ok!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I also has S&V chip today lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Kristyj  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome lolly99 so good about your harmony results!

It's a salt-a-thon in here. I'm craving salt too in the way of chips etc! Supposedly the old wives tale is if you crave salt it's a boy? Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like we've all been hit with salt and vinegar cravings. I'm addicted to the Balsamic vinegar rice crackers made by Fantastic.. Delites I think they're called. I remember with DD I craved and consumed carbs big time in the 1st trimest. Ob said it was normal and to go with it. 😊

Ruby, I'm not diabetic, but you can get insulin needles from your local chemist. It's something they usually always have in stock. You may have to buy them by the box full which is what I have to do with my local, and it's a hell of a lot of needles for about $30, but it is worth it to me.... it is so painless in comparison and I can't rememb the last time I had a huge bruise like I used to getl. You would just need to make sure the needle will hold the full quantity of Clexane. Chemist should be able to help you with this.

You'e not premature in telling your news, I think with the immune stuff, the 20 - 24 weeks is more to do with the potential for the immune system to still flare at this point. It is not common, but can happen occassionally, it may mean another Intralipid or IVIG infusion depending on what your treatment regime is. I had anothe IVIG infusion today just as a precautionary as my levels seem to be relatively stable for now.

Progesterone is a shocker for constipating you too. Just another joyous side effect to contend with.... Urghhh. Best of luck with appointment tomorrow and definately get Ob to do scan for you, though I'd be surprised if she doesn't anyway. I can't remember an Ob visit with my DD where he didn't scan, so pretty sure most of your Ob visits from here on will involve a scan. I've asked for fortnightly scans with my Ob and he's been very kind in obliging, but with my history of losing 8 babies, he totally gets my anxiety.

Hopeful, hooray for another peek at bubs and seeing all is well. Hope your work commitments makes the week fly!

Lolly, what a fantastic result with the Harmony test! Congratulations! Perhaps they didn't do the combined testing (bloods and NT scan) with you because you had done the Harmony test. Funny, I've had crazy grwoing nails too... it's the pregnancy hormones that do it

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alittleray For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (08-02-2016),Ruby16  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!

Hoping to join in. I had my first beta yesterday and HCG was 496 and progesterone 97.1. Next Beta is next Monday.

This is our third transfer. 1st was a Chem, 2nd was our son Johnny, who was stillborn in October πŸ‘ΌπŸΌ. Third time lucky!!

Not sure of due date yet, but just hoping it's not the same as Johnny's birthday.

I started daily Clexane injections yesterday and on 2x400 pessaries. It's going to be a loonngg 8 months!

Still not sure how I'm feeling yet... Anxious, excited, terrified....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Barca07 For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (10-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome barca07 sorry to hear about your chemical and your son's stillbirth. Great numbers for your first beta! Hope they keep rising for you! Did you have one or two transferred?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (09-02-2016)