Closed Thread
Page 40 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for the feedback. I not on the immune protocol. Cape Town had me on gestone injections daily till week 8 then crinone twice daily till week 11. Was just to stop everything on the 26th. I was still somedays doing injections cause it was easier than crinone but on the 26th just used crinone twice daily then a week later only used one crinone daily. I should probably stop as one crinone daily is probably not effective really anyway!! Who am I kidding though I probably will use up this box then stop!! Mona how many weeks was your friend? That's very sad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lolly, I'm still on progesterone too at nearly 14 weeks, but I'm on an immune protocol like Ruby. With regard to your tests, they usually do a combined test to get your downs risk, which is the bloods at around 10 weeks and then the NT scan where they measure the thickness of the nuchal fold back of baby's neck. They put the results of the two together at your twelve week scan to determine your risk. The Harmony test may not be quite so reliable as it is trickier with twins. Hopefully your Ob will explain to you. I just wanted to find out sex of babies or at least know if there was a girl there, as ai have totally spoilt my DD with clothes and shoes and would desperately love to use them again as we have so much.

Thanks for the well wishes and thankyous Lolly, Mona, Ruby, Peedypie, Hopeful. What a coincidence with your boss just finding out too Lolly. I hope she's ok. The meds take a few weeks to kick in and then I will be tested again to see if thyroid is behaving which I'm praying it is, as they will then reduce the dose. The sooner I cut back or even get off the horrible drugs the better.

Ruby, I so hear you. All the immune stuff is such a chore, not to mention the side effects. My face is so huge and puffy I look like a bullfrog from the sreroids. My body is pretty puffy too. Can't stand looking at myself in the mirror but am starting to wean the roids, so hopefully that will settle. The progestrone gives you that wonderful bloated feeling too. I think unfortunately I will be on the Clexane throughout the pregnancy, esp now with thyroid and A-fib. Heart could easily throw a clot, so the blood thinner would be protecting me from that somewhat. I've been putting my Clexane into insulin syringes though and it is soooo much better.

Devastating about your friend. Was she past the 12 week mark when she lost them? Keep telling my Ob who tries to convince me I'm out of dangerous waters that I am not yet. Us immune inflicted girls generally are not considered safe until around the 20-24 week mark. As if we haven't stressed enough already, but that is what my RI told me.

Oh and big congrats re your downs risk. That's wonderful - it's such a relief to hear isn't it - another little celebration you can have on this rollercoaster.

I hope veryone else is doing well and enjoying some healthy chocolate indulgence

Rainbow road
    Welcome!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alittleray For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (07-02-2016),Ruby16  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Am on phone so can't quote and use names but;

Harmony does not require scan. Some places seem to do it just "to check" before bloods but it's not actually a part of the testing regime. So the extended scan def wasn't either. Maybe that was NT scan? Or just OB checking everything is routine?

I weaned my progesterone pessaries from 11-13 weeks and have ceased entirely. I weaned my immune protocol from 13-15 weeks and am on my provera (from a bad bleed I had) weaning from 16 weeks unless I bleed again.

It was SO nice to stop having to wear liners all the time, and having a waxy V lol it was awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to say...

Hopeful, due date is normally taken from 1st day of your last AF and that's the date they usually work from. Sometimes with IVF they calculate it somehow from your transfer date, but an Ob will usually go with 1st day of LMF (last menstural flow) They won't change it based on the scan, but it sounds like you have one healthy happy growing bubs in there.

Ruby, I have the exact same taste bud thing that just doesn't go away. It's horrible, it just leaves a constant yuck taste in my mouth and make some food taste odd. Eating/drinking is the only way I can get rid of it, so of course I am stacking on the weight. I have just made myself a home made slurpee, as I was finding slurpees are one of the few things that take a while to finish (less food intake) and are keeping me hydrated. Just didn't want to keep buying the ones filled with sugar, so started making my own today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear you about the wierd tastes! I haven't been able to drink water without feeling more sick than usual and anything sweet tastes over the top artificial sweetener sweet which makes me gag. I was feeling really dehydrated but have discovered blue powerade super cold with ice is amazing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too. I've got super weird tastebuds. Usually I'd eat toast with avocado most days but the thought of it makes me want to gag. I've been living on yogurt oats and fruit. It seems to make me feel better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh count me in too. I feel like my tastebuds are insanely sensitive at the moment so I taste things really strongly if that makes sense? I had a salt and vinegar chip the other day and it just about blew my head off! The taste was SO intense!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Some days water is AWFUL and some days it's heaven. I buy coles slabs of water bottles for $8, I find spring water easier to stomach than tap water and at that price I don't feel like I'm throwing money away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am so glad I'm not the only one whose tastebuds have gone haywire!!......the only thing that tastes the same to me is S&V chips, chocolate and apples....so a very healthy diet if I was to stick to those!!

I'm hearing you on the immune thing @Alittleray.....I'm hoping I don't have to stay on the clexane the whole way through.....good idea about the insulin needles though....are you diabetic -in order to have access to them? I think that's half the problem with the clexane injections those bl00dy needles are sooo blunt! (My opinion only!)

And yes my friend was about 14 weeks too......heartbroken for them.......and Wow 20-24 weeks for us immuno-compromised ladies.....staring to think I have been very premature in telling ppl our news....but couldn't have hidden in any longer TBH....

I think I've had the worst wind pain the last day or so due to my awesome amount of constipation (S&V chips & chocolate are probably contributing factors!!) that I've stressed myself to the point of not sleeping thinking the same thing was happening to me.....no spotting or anything and have finally managed to go to the loo in the last little while so has settled the pains and my nerves a bit....going to have to up my fibre even further from the 3 serves of fruit/Metamucil/vegies/grainy GF bread........oh the joys

OB appointment tomorrow and hopefully she will scan again, so that should calm my nerves a bit......

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby16 For This Useful Post:

Kristyj  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so awful your friend lost her babies. A close friend of mine has just had a second miscarriage in a row and I'm devastated for her. It's ramped up my anxiety too. I'm worried too that her seeing me will be too painful for her and our friendship will suffer.