Closed Thread
Page 23 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful it does go SO slow!! As this is my second I'm struggling to hide it... I've already had people comment!

Having a toddler makes the time go faster! Hopefully you have something to keep your mind off it? It's so hard I know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ah I wish I could do the nipt (harmony/verifi/panorama) - it would give a nice extra peace of mind, I reckon. But my dr said that with multiple pregnancies the results can be much harder to interpret and are often inconclusive. So we'll just do the regular bloods and scan at 12 weeks and hope for the best. But you are so right - it seems like such a loooong time away! Ah well, my dr said I could come back for a 'mental health scan' before that if I need it! I'm thinking that's highly likely

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would recommend doing 12w scan even if done nipt, if u get at a good place they can do essentially an early morphology scan, ie pick up stuff not usually seen until the 20w one. The govt rebate only covers checking a few things, nuccal translucency, nasal bone thickness.... But the good ones can get a good idea if early kidneys, spine, heart etc. if u are bris or gc Qld u/s for women are awesome, many Drs think they only do referral second opinion work for the abnormal scans but they do normal and first opinion too....u get some nice 3ds as well whilst they're there which is cool....my ob sent me there, and it's also the one my hubby who's and ob highly recommends ..... I would steer clear of bulk billing if u can afford, seriously for the time and equipment it takes to do well u can't do for the Medicare rebate....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona424 View Post
    Hopeful it does go SO slow!! As this is my second I'm struggling to hide it... I've already had people comment!

Having a toddler makes the time go faster! Hopefully you have something to keep your mind off it? It's so hard I know!
    First week back at work so it's been hectic so at least that helps. I have quiet weekend though so that's going to hard!! Must keep busy! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    "Mental health scan" lol I love it. You have a good Dr @MrsChino!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys, Hope all is well. Had my first apt yesterday with my Obstetrician, and am really happy with her- she seems really lovely. Got to have another quick look at the two little beans! Wasn't very clear though as I apparently have an acutely retroverted uterus.....and hadn't had bucket loads of h20 to drink before I went in....but got to see them both squirming!! She would have done the dildo cam if I'd wanted any reassurance, but I opted for not.....I'm pretty over them at the moment TBH!! And hadn't waxed and didn't want to violate her if I didn't have to...........

Too funny though I was only just thinking of sitting down and googling all of the NT/harmony stuff and you guys are discussing it! My OB said the same thing- we will do the NT scan (cant get in until 12w6d though) and she also said that the harmony doesn't give clear results for twins, so will just do the normal BT's....although we did use a PGD'd embryo so hopefully that accounts for something too!

Wondering though- when do I have the BT's?? OB said to talk to US place and US place said usually as close as possible to the scan date, but they know that some Dr's recommend a week before the scan so they have the results ready to go??

Congrats @MrsChino!! Twins too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've got my nipt tomorrow morning and my initial on tmrw arv. Excited!!! Hope OBlets me have a looksie at bubba 😎

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsTugs Good luck tomorrow! How exciting to be taking the next step!

@Ruby16 It's a total head spin, isn't it?! The idea of two definitely hasn't sunk in yet for me AT ALL How many weeks are you now? With the bloods, both my dr and the scan place told me to have the blood test a week before the scan so the results are in by the time the scan happens.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

MrsTugs  (13-01-2016),Ruby16  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to everyone.

we "graduated" today, it was weird sitting there watching other couples check in after EPUs. The women sore, the men rushing in with sample jars. I so wish everyone the best.

to be honest I was hoping for twins I have been very nauseous and my hcg was 127,000 but it is a healthy singleton so I should be very happy.

And we we will be back, if all goes well, for number 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I felt really guilty walking into clinic the first time after my bfp. I was talking in whispers so no one heard me 😂 silly I know lol