Closed Thread
Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What time frame do u do the harmony test from? It's it between 10-12 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes any time after 10 weeks but if u do it 11-12 weeks then it's more accurate.

It tests for abnormalities same like the NT but it's more accurate and tests more things also. And it confirms gender to 99%

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told that the Harmony test at 10 weeks will eventually replace the 12/13 NT scan as the Harmony test is 99% accurate for any abnormalities etc and picks up any issues that the scan won't. They don't send it to the States no more. Costs $420.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozrainey For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It will absolutely replace it eventually. But it will take many, many years.

Only some do it in house - a lot still send to America.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful37 View Post
    Goodluck mona! How far along are you?
    Thanks Hopeful! It looks more like a baby today and I'm sure I seen the baby wave lol and the heart beat was just amazing to hear again! I'm 10w1d 😊 how far are you?

My doctor gave me the forms for bt and ultrasound for 12wk scan and he told me to do bloods today which I did. When I called to book the ultrasound the woman was so rude and told me that I wasn't to have my blood test until after the scan. I tried to explain to her and she said I would just have to have another blood test. Ah no I'm not, I've decided to go to another place for the ultrasound and luckily I did, they are $70 cheaper! Score!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona424 View Post
    Thanks Hopeful! It looks more like a baby today and I'm sure I seen the baby wave lol and the heart beat was just amazing to hear again! I'm 10w1d 😊 how far are you?

My doctor gave me the forms for bt and ultrasound for 12wk scan and he told me to do bloods today which I did. When I called to book the ultrasound the woman was so rude and told me that I wasn't to have my blood test until after the scan. I tried to explain to her and she said I would just have to have another blood test. Ah no I'm not, I've decided to go to another place for the ultrasound and luckily I did, they are $70 cheaper! Score!
    Oh wow a wave lol! That's awesome! I'm about 6 1/2 weeks I think. Not 100% sure with IVF dates etc. But my 7 weeks scan is next Monday. It's going so slow

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    It will absolutely replace it eventually. But it will take many, many years.

Only some do it in house - a lot still send to America.
    This Dr seemed fairly confident it will be coming sooner than we think. We can opt to have the blood test now. Makes more sense to have the harmony test given its 99% accurate when the scan is only 80%. Let's see what the future holds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona424 View Post
    My doctor gave me the forms for bt and ultrasound for 12wk scan and he told me to do bloods today which I did. When I called to book the ultrasound the woman was so rude and told me that I wasn't to have my blood test until after the scan. I tried to explain to her and she said I would just have to have another blood test.
    It's protocol to do bloods in week 10 and then scan in week 12. That's how it's done. This woman sounds like a total (w)itch. Good on you for not taking it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad everyone seems to be traveling well - we all seem around scan time!

I was/am booked to see my Ob on 4th Feb which makes me just over 13w. She will do scan then but hubby is really anxious. So I am going to see if I can get in to a private imaging place (the one that did my 7w scan) at 12w and have the scan done then.

Will let ob know the plan once I have confirmed bookings. Hoping she won't mind. I don't mind at all if she repeats the test to check for herself! Just not sure if we can claim it twice on Medicare!

DH had a big chat last night with me about how worried he is that something will go wrong. He's been keeping lots bottled up as he doesn't want to stress me. Silly billy! Hopefully the scan will put him at ease and we will be through the dreaded first trimester!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (13-01-2016),Mona424  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    It's protocol to do bloods in week 10 and then scan in week 12. That's how it's done. This woman sounds like a total (w)itch. Good on you for not taking it.
    I ended up cancelling that appointment this morning and she asked why, so I told her lol apart from being cheaper they were a LOT nicer!!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

MrsTugs  (13-01-2016),NORgirl  (13-01-2016)