Closed Thread
Page 16 of 105 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hermia View Post
    Hi ladies,

I'm going to take the plunge and join in here, have been stalking for a few weeks. I had my dating scan this morning and I'm about 7w6d.

I've not allowed myself myself to get excited until this point because it's been a long, hard IVF road for us to get here. I had three transfers in 2014, all of which ended in mc around the 7 week mark. Last year we did two rounds of PGD, and ended up with two normal embies. Diagnosed with elevated NK cells, I did a Bondi protocol transfer with my first normal emby in May - a BFN, which was a shock. Then I had a 2nd lap to remove stage 3/4 endo in Aug, followed by down reg with Synarel. an FET in November with Prednisolone, Clexane and Pregnyl, along with acupuncture and a gruelling anti-inflammatory diet, and here we are!

My last two 7w scans were heartbreaking (1 no heartbeat, 1 large hematoma), so today is a significant milestone in my fertility journey. We heard a heartbeat! I cried!

I can't quite believe it. But I now hope that this really is going to happen this time, and I get to stay and share the journey here with you ladies.

Did the Dr say the hematoma would cause you any issues during your pregnancy? And have you had any bleeding? I'm 10 weeks pregnant and have a small hematoma and suffered three separate incidents of bleeding. My IVF Dr is away on holidays and unsure what to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Ozrainey,

The hematoma was in my last pregnancy, and it did cause me to miscarry a couple of days later. I started bleeding at 7w5 and it was all over by 8w1.

However it was quite large, and my fertility doctor at my 7w scan pretty much told me it was all over. It doesn't sound like yours is the same, so hopefully it will clear up as I think a lot of them do.

The one thing they told me to do if I ever experienced bleeding was to go to the Early Pregnancy Clinic at my local hospital. They were great, and I had some scans and exams in the days leading up to the mc. If your doc is away there might be no harm finding your local EPC - they deal with this stuff all the time. They never made me feel like I was overworrying.

I hope yours is just a little one that will resolve on its own - it sounds like it will. But it's terrifying, worrying whether the bleeding will start again!

Hope everything works out for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, quick update on me- had another scan today, and as I thought 3 is now 2, but still over the moon to see the two!

Both had good heart rates and were measuring the same! Yay!! Am starting to feel a lot more secure now.....even invested in some new bras that don't cut off my circulation!

10 weeks on Friday....the furthest I've ever made it!! Starting to look like a reality now.......eeeeek twins!!

Hope you are all doing well xo

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ruby16 For This Useful Post:

Ducky01  (07-01-2016),hermia  (07-01-2016),Kristyj  (27-01-2016),Mona424  (07-01-2016),StillHopeful  (06-01-2016),woof5105  (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so thrilled for you Ruby xo glad it's going well with the two! Sorry to hear about the third 😔

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

Ruby16  (07-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @Ruby16 - so much to process!!! Must be starting to feel a bit more real now!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hermia For This Useful Post:

Ruby16  (07-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great to hear @Ruby
    Sad about the 3rd though!!!

We have a second scan tomorrow and DH and I are both super anxious. Am very glad that we are having the 2nd scan to put our minds at ease.

Am feeling like I am not 'bonding' with the little one. Last pregnancy I felt such a strong bond from day 1 but the miscarriage kind of destroyed that feeling I think. This time I feel pregnant in that I have all the symptoms but I don't feel like I am 'expecting a baby' if that makes sense.

I keep telling myself after 9w scan I will relax a bit and bond more but I just don't know. I hope I can ... I feel that I owe it to this little one to be happy and excited and sending loads of love / but I just don't feel that yet

10. The Following User Says Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

Ruby16  (07-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Guys!

Totally understandable @woof5105- I think its kind of like a 'self preservation' thing really-TBH I think I am feeling a bit the same.....although much better after scan yesterday and seeing two little HB's and lots of hands and feet (not excessive numbers or anything......... but 4 of each is lots!!)

I'm sure you'll feel more confident after your scan tomorrow too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha thanks Ruby .. That just made me giggle ... Imagining hands and feet everywhere 😝

13. The Following User Says Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

Ruby16  (07-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @woof5105 - I feel the same!! It's definitely self preservation after all we've been through I think. I think for me it might kick in after a normal 12 week result, I don't know!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone used a fetal Doppler yet? Or considering getting one?

We're thinking of getting one if scan tomorrow goes well