Closed Thread
Page 14 of 105 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys! Hope everyone had a great Xmas.

I have been a bit AWOL sorry- my amazingly beautiful DH bought me a new puppy for Xmas as we lost one of our furbabies earlier this year, so I have been very busy..........haven't had a puppy for a while so trying to get my head around it has been a bit hard! She is beautiful and I love her to bits though!

I have to agree- I wish this pregnancy thing was a joyous affair like you see with some people, but IVF and previous failures/MC's really knock the fun right out of it really....I find myself second guessing everything I feel as in "did I feel like this last time I MC'd?" when really some of what I'm feeling is probably just normal! Sometimes I wish my brain would just forget!!

Anyway, so far so good for me to date. Bleeding/discharge has pretty much stopped thank goodness. I really haven't had MS that badly either thankfully, just getting a bit queasy at the end of the day, and a little bit tired. My boobs haven't really been all that sore either (*enter thoughts of another MC because I don't have many symptoms!!*....but 9 weeks tomorrow, so that is my first milestone...if I can get past 9 weeks I'm hoping I feel more confident?!)
    @Ducky01- next scan is next Wed, my nurse at the clinic has organised for me to see an OB at short notice, and I guess as there were 3 foetus' and some bleeding, AS and MC's in my history she is covering all bases! I'm expecting the worst as you can imagine, but hoping for the best if that makes sense?!
    @ttc1981- my scan dates were sort of inline with my transfer date - ie one was 5th Aug, one at 6th Aug and the third (which they think won't make it) was the 17th Aug.

Wishing you all the Happiest of New Years!!

Bring on 2016 I say!! xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I totally get the lack of continued support. It feels so weird that now when it's most important they just say ok see ya! Haha. I was lucky to get a second scan also. One week til my OB appt so I'll hopefully see or hear bubs then. Then only 2 weeks til my NT.
    I've been quite relaxed this pregnancy. I haven't been worrying about every little niggle and am just enjoying the ride. Whatever happens will happen. Stressing isn't going to help it. I know that's so much easier said than done though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, thought I would join you here, totally relating to the anxiety @Ducky01. I was 7 weeks yesterday and my stress levels are going crazy in the lead up to a scan next week. Totally don't feel pregnant at all and part of me is wondering if they are going to find nothing. I have had my GP refer us to (a great) public hospital but I had a total freak out last night and today about whether we are doing the right thing- poor DH. In my head I know that public care is fine but am freaking out that after we see our FS one more time we are kinda on our own until we get notified of our appt in the public system at 12-14 weeks. I'm almost tempted to see if I can get a 'back up' appt with an OB still and keep my options open. We wanted to save some money but at the end of the day could just take another temporary hit to the home loan... Argh! πŸ˜„ driving myself crazy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I get your anxiety over going thru the public system but if your low risk I honestly wouldn't spend the money... Does your state have a midwife program with the hospital your going too? If so that might give more support... Also your GP can refer you for more scans if you would like too!

I went OB but I'm high risk so went to the best doctor I could find but the $4000/$5000 out of pocket and that's delivering in a public hospital as he only delivers there will hit the bank... We are just putting $200 a week away for the maintence fee so we will have that and the rest is only $80 -$180 per appointment depending if we need a scan or not! Our OB only charges for 5 scans per pregnancy and I'm only 9 weeks and already had 2! Hope that information helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ttc1981, thanks that does help. My GP has referred me to the midwife group practice at the hospital but I'm not sure if they'll accept me as I think they have limited spaces and only accept low risk patients. My Dr put on the referral 'high risk' mostly because I'm overweight and also that it has taken us so many IVF cycles to fall pregnant. I guess it depends on how they assess that. I'm sure it will be fine.... I just need to be patient for them to contact me I guess πŸ™„πŸ˜Š

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh how depressing we are high risk because of IVF! Ivf is such a love hate relationship! I like that it worked this time (6th damn cycle mind you so I guess I'm high risk) but I don't like what it's done to me anxiety wise. Welcome @Bluemeeple by the way! There's a Facebook group too - @MrsTugs is the Facebook master so PM her for details. I am going privately but I actually don't know how much it's costing- I see him in 2 weeks so guess I will find out then. I didnt realise it could be 4-5k out of pocket- ouch!!!! I guess I just want the consistency plus private docs generally scan you at every visit which I want done and I'm at risk of pre eclampsia so I want that well monitored. But a midwife clinic would also be fine I'm sure- im just being over the top! Do you not have many symptoms either? I feel so fine most of the time it's disturbing me! Just food cravings and some tiredness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm actually considered high risk at my hospital just for being IVF. It's a public/private hospital and I'm going public most likely but I still need an OB because I'm high risk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! I'm also high risk due to my other health issues (previous cancer treatment). I'm booked in with a private OB. She's lovely and is the one I saw last time - it was her that did the scan to pick up our MMC and then she did the D&C.

She is almost booked out already for August - how crazy is that! I'm only 9w tomorrow!

When I saw her last time she said she would prob refer me to the high risk team at KEMH (the public hosp here in Perth) as my liver and kidney function is always off. So not sure if that would go through as private or public and how expensive it would be.

How's everyone doing? I am still suffering with MS but have learned most of the tricks that make it less - eating every 2 and a half hours. Still wake up in the middle of the night wanting to throw up but getting there.

Also have ridiculous bloating! My belly is stupidly big. It doesn't make it easy keeping things on the down-low! Wearing baggy clothes to work but I'm rivaling one of the other girls who is almost 20 weeks for belly size!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woof if you're in a public hospital you should be paying public.
    I am going public even though I have an OB and everything (even the OB himself) is heavily subsidised even though it's the same thing I would experience of private. It all seems unnecessarily complicated!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ivf preg

This was me 2 years ago same time of year! My Bub is now almost 18 mths! Good luck....