+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I think I might be going crazy!

Hi ladies,

Okay, so I have quite a complicated situation here and was wondering if anyone has any advice for me.

Roughly two weeks ago I began having pregnancy symptoms. Tender, sore breasts - especially my nipples, nausea followed by a couple of instances of vomiting, sore lower back, frequent urination, headaches, dizziness, metallic taste in my mouth, no appetite, the whole lot basically.

I thought surely I can't be pregnant as I have the implanon implant rod in my arm which I've now had for a year and a half. I decided to do a HPT anyway. The first came up negative which wasn't such a big surprise but considering there were three in a pack I choose to do the others a few hours later. One was negative again but the other was positive! The line was really faint but there was definitely two pink lines! I was terrified as obviously this was totally unplanned.

So, I went to my GP who dismissed the test as being a dud. Afterall I'm on Implanon - how could I possibly be pregnant, he says! Easy for him to say! I requested a blood test anyway but it came up negative. We decided to repeat it a few days later just in case but that too was negative.

I kept experiencing all the pregnancy signs and just put it down to my inplanon messing around with my hormones. Well then, I started to get severe and I mean the worst cramps I've ever had in my life along with spotting that was a dark brown colour. This concerned me as my periods are virtually no exsistent with the implanon in place. So I went back to my GP. By this point I had more bleeding - bright red with a lot of small and large clots. My doctor said it was just breakthrough bleeding from the inplanon and once it ceased I'd feel better. Well, that hasn't happened unfortunately. While the bleeding has stopped since last night, I still feel crampy and have every pregnancy symptom under the sun. I thought maybe a miscarriage but I don't know. I still feel pregnant. My doctor insists I'm not but my intuition is telling me otherwise.

Trouble is I've done over twenty HPT's since my positive result and they all come back negative no matter what brand I use. I have an appointment tomorrow morning with a different GP that has been recommended to me. I am hoping to find out some answers then. In the meantime I just was wondering if anyone has any advice, information or a similar experience they could share with me. I would greatly appreciate it as I am worried and as my topic says, I feel like I'm going crazy!

I guess my biggest question here is: is it possible to be pregnant and for HPT and blood tests to come back negative still?

Thanks for reading and taking the time to respond in advance ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dont think its possible with the bloods coming back negative.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Nessinwonderland  (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd say you're not pregnant based on that many hpts and all the blood work.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    HPT's being neg - maybe but blood tests being neg then I would say no. Those symptoms can be any hormonal changes so could be contributed to the implanon. Good luck with the new GP. Hopefully you get concrete answers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think you are/were pregnant. If the clots and bleeding were an early miscarriage you still would have had detecable levels of hcg in your system, so it would have shown up in your blood tests. When I had my mc's it took a week or two after all retained products were gone for my hcg levels to drop back to <2.

If I were you I'd ask for a referral to gyn. They can perhaps do a transvaginal ultrasound to see what's going on, plus order other blood tests to check your other hormones to see where you're at in your 'cycle'.

Hope you get some answers and start feeling better soon!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Miscarriage in the end afterall 😯

Thanks for all your responses. I appreciate it 💜

I would be incIined to agree with you all HOWEVER I did another HPT this morning. One of the ultra sensitive ones with two tests. Both came back with very, very faint lines.

Went to the doctor and explained everything. She said that it is all typical signs of a miscarriage particularly considering my HCG levels were undetectable on the blood test. She used to work at a maternity and women's hospital so she's quite experienced and said it was something they often saw there. Your HCG levels don't have to register if it's a very early lose like in my case.

Doing ultrasound on Monday morning to make sure nothing is left behind and I'm all good. Will get results on Tuesday. I'm very gutted and emotional. I hadn't planned this baby but as soon as I saw that first faint line on the first lot of HPT's I will admit I got excited and I think naturally apart of me began preparing for it all 😢

Thanks again everyone xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update on things.

Well, the doctor was stumped. She doesn't know how I got a positive HPT. And the bloods for all my hormone levels came back normal so it can't be them messing with the things. So she's referred me on to gyno. Had to call like eight different ones as they were all booked out for months. Finally got in with some guy on Thursday afternoon so we shall see if he can figure it out. I sure do hope so.

In the meantime I did a few more tests this evening (because I just can't help myself) and one of them is the three pack of bodytalk test strips. Each one of them came up with a line in the positive field but the weird thing is they're white. I know about evap lines but these literally came up straight away! Anyone got any experience with this brand? I did a pregnosis one after and it's come with a barely faint line but it's a very, very light pink 😕 Almost not visable. I don't know what to think honestly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Couldn't read and run.. Just wanted to say it's a crazy read so you must be feeling it irl!! Good luck with the extra tests and big hugs xx can't wait to see what the Gyno says! Have you tried a FRER test ( First Response ) or digital Clear Blue? They're the most sensitive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default I think I might be going crazy!

What is the HCG level? Below 5 is clinically not pregnant, but I've read that some women have a baseline level of HCG in their system. That could explain consistent faint lines.

I think you might be driving yourself mad continuing to test. And I say this as a fellow POAS addict. It doesn't sound like you're pregnant or ever were or your blood tests would confirm it.

You may find it better to redirect your energy into deciding whether you actually want to try to conceive, it sounds like you do. In which case perhaps get the birth control removed...

When it comes time to test, the positive you are looking for is a big fat positive, a dark strong line that's unmistakeable.

On these forums we all go a bit mad looking for squinters and sometimes it's really early in the piece and they go darker in a day or so, but really the line you want (or sound like you may want) is an unequivocal line.

In the mean time, a general health check up with a gyno sounds useful especially as prep to begin to TTC.

I'm afraid I don't put much stock in the symptom spotting, I think a lot of symptom spotting is either psychosomatic or coincidental. You can google pretty much anything and get search results saying its a pregnancy symptom.

"My foot hurts, could I be pregnant?"
    A good rule of thumb is, if there isn't enough pregnancy hormone to give a strong positive result, then there isn't enough to make you feel sick.

The ultrasound is probably a good idea too, to rule out cysts/endometrioma which might explain the bleeding.
    Last edited by ScubaGal; 02-12-2015 at 05:58.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (05-12-2015),GlitterFarts  (02-12-2015),HollyGolightly81  (05-12-2015),Meld85  (02-12-2015),MonkeyMumma  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Always hitting the nail on the head @ScubaGal 😜

16. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

lolobub2  (06-12-2015)