+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Anxiety/lip picking

I'm after some advice my almost 3yo Dd has starting picking her lip only when she needs to goto bed. She used to have a dummy around 5 months ago it's gotten worse n worse sometimes she will during the day. She takes forever to goto sleep as she's obsessed with it!!

I'm trying not to say 'stop etc'.

Tonight I gave her dummy back because I didn't want it to continue did I make the right choice is it because she was still needing her dummy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My 5yo sucks her lip when she is tired. But she never had a dummy and it's a new thing ~8mths

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried essential oils diluted for kids to help with anxiety. Might be a good idea to incorporate a blend into the bedtime routine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and don't stress about the dummy. Do what works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps she seems be ok now with her dummy but upset when we put it in cupboard in morn mostly because I can't understand her otherwise. Ahh this parenting gig is tough

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am curious to know your opinion on this topic too... My eldest daughter (8yo) has a very strong habit of sucking her (lower) lip. To the point that her teeth are now not properly placed (unless it's the natural placement of her teeth, but it really looks odd). Last time we saw a dentist, she told her that she had to stop sucking her lip before Christmas or we would use a "habit breaking device" (which I googled and it doesn't look fun). Since then (it was a month ago) my daughter has made huge efforts and doesn't bite her lip any more, unless she is falling asleep. The problem is exactly there: even though she barely sucks her lip now, she still spent the night sucking her lip, and it worries me... Any ideas?

What about these things: http://www.occupationaltherapychildr...ugh-the-facts/ ?
    Last edited by Nanouk; 01-12-2015 at 13:20.