+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is the test possible to be positive this early?

Hi everyone,

My wife stopped taking her Yaz birth control on the first week of November and today November 26th she tested with a digital First Response this morning and got a "Yes+". Now she says her last period was Nov 4th or 5th and that her next one is supposed to be around Dec 2nd - 5th. So this test says it's accurate 5 days before her period and I am wondering because she tested maybe 6 - 9 days before her period, is this accurate? We bought 2 more and intend to test tomorrow and Monday, if all 3 are positive, I think it's for sure, ya? Any advice, tips, opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default Is the test possible to be positive this early?

A positive is a positive. A blood test at her GP will be able to give you more accurate gestation age.

She possibly ovulated a little earlier than she might have expected.

Congrats! It's actually not always that easy to get pregnant so quickly - there's only about a 25% chance each month so you're super lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We tested again today (the next day / 27th) and it also tested positive. What do you think? Sounds like it may be real.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She just took a 3rd test 4 hours after the 2nd one and it's positive also. So with 3 digital tests saying "Yes+" and being less than a week away from her expected period date, I think it's official, looks like we are having a baby. I think we got lucky as she only stopped birth control 3 weeks ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi DustinB,

Sounds like she is, it's very exciting!

My advice, patience. I know that it's difficult, but you have a lot of waiting on your hands. Waiting for the GP to confirm, then waiting for the first scan, then waiting until the 12 week scan etc etc etc... Nothing prepared me for all the waiting!

Congratulations, you are very lucky!