+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Best domestic travel insurance

We are traveling from Perth to Melbourne for a week over Christmas and I'm looking for some travel insurance. I don't usually get it when we go over there but this time we will be hiring a car and I've read on here in the past that travel insurance is better and cheaper than purchasing insurance to reduce excess through the car hire company.

Also, I will be 34 weeks pregnant while we are in Melbourne. Does any one know if I will be fully covered as a public patient should anything happen while we are there?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    100 Posts in a week

Default Best domestic travel insurance

you should be covered by the public system anywhere as an Aussie citizen. I'm doing the reverse to you and going Melb to Perth over Xmas at 30-32 weeks pregnant. I'm assuming I'm covered in Perth public hospitals just as I'm covered in Melbourne public hospitals. can't hurt to check up just in case but I can't see a public hospital turning you away if you need urgent treatment solely on the basis that you're from interstate. just check your ambo cover covers you here as I think Vic has different ambulance rules to wa (or it used to). check your private health covers you just in case too.

re travel insurance: we've never bothered for interstate trips and have always just paid the extra car rental fees to cover any accidental damage/excess reduction. I actually didn't know you could get travel insurance to cover car hire/excess reduction. I'd prob give my usual insurer a buzz and see if they can do you a good deal. otherwise phone around and see what the best deal going is.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

twolittlemunchkins  (27-11-2015)