+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default advice needed :)

Ok. Changed my previous to this.
    Anyone here hard to please? Never truly happy and always findimg negative? How to change to be a happier person? Any advice will be appreciated
    Last edited by Sirena89; 26-11-2015 at 14:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My husband is like this. A self professed pessimist. Look, I think the only way is very small steps. Like with any personality quirks or issues you might want to work on I suppose, it's a huge task. He is working on being more grateful, showing appreciation for what others do, and trying to keep negativity (outwardly displayed, anyway) to a minimum. It has helped him to keep a schedule/diary where he writes down all the positive things in his life. Not is an arty-farty way, just jotting down "had 3 hours to myself to do hobby while wife took care of kids". That kind of thing, helps him to read back and be more aware of the good things in his life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Sirena89  (26-11-2015)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi sirena, people say that the best way to feel better about yourself is to do something for someone else. Take the focus off yourself, and start to actively seek opportunity to help someone. Even just simple things, holding a door open, letting someone merge in front of you, give something to the Christmas tree. Also keep a happiness journal, finding some joy in each day, and then writing it down, and looking back through the journal regularly. Also watch the words you use. Often our mood is directly related to what we say, so if you are speaking negative your mood with be negative. hugs, marie.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (27-11-2015),Sirena89  (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with pp. also watch your internal voice. We're constantly talking to ourselves and what we tell ourselves then is the foundation of our character and behaviour IMO

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Sirena89  (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am very much like this and I hate what it does to my family. I recently went and so a life coach who focused on changing attitudes. I only went three times but it made such a difference. Just being aware of that negative voice inside you all the time. Acknowledging the things you are greatful for. Like literally - every morning wakebup and start tje day saying out loud what you are happy about. Ithiughtit was a lotvof BS but it definitely helped.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CleverClogs For This Useful Post:

Sirena89  (31-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find I tend to feel like this more during that time of the month. Not so much finding negative but the never truly happy feeling.
    My dh though is someone who is a half cup empty person and difficult to please, finds fault in a lot of things etc. But he isn't unhappy or anything like that.
    I don't really have any advice other than try and find different hobbies or try new things you might enjoy. Exercise also supposed to release endorphins. Going for walks helps me clear the mind.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

Sirena89  (31-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was like this before I had DD. It all came down to negative thoughts about myself. Having DD gave me a purpose and a sense of confidence, it put things into perspective and I let a lot of things go as a result - I really mellowed & chilled out. I've tried to make a conscious effort since then to stay that way, it's a much easier way of living!
    Wishing you all the best. Get some professional advice about why you might feel so unsettled and try to just let it go. Live and let live. Focus on how great your life really is and don't sweat the small stuff! Xxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to amcyus For This Useful Post:

Sirena89  (31-01-2016)