+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Adelaide fires

Hope everyone is safe.

We are about to donate some clothing etc and a pram. I'm heartbroken. A animal shelter burnt to ground. My dog group is having a raffle on Saturday to raise funds.

Hope everyone is safe and if you know anyone needs anything let me know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have friends and family in this area. One has lost horses, another almost lost her home and the rest of the property was burnt, others haven't been able to get into contact with loved ones and others have lost their livelihoods when businesses have burnt to the ground and others I know are still in danger in the Kapunda area. This fire has been seriously scary, the Sampson flat fire is almost nothing in comparison with the speed and ferocious nature of this one.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have family and some family friends in the area. My cousin in Gawler is ok but said they had evacuated yesterday but back at home last night. Family friends out of kapunda have lost crops and hay, but house and the family themselves are ok. Being mostly farmland and dry, hot weather must just fuel the fire. Scary watching it on the news! If there are any hubbers in the area, I hope you're doing ok!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live in the area and it was very scary yesterday afternoon with the smoke over town at 4pm making everything so dark, our power was only out a few hours but my inlaws didn't get theirs back till early afternoon today. They live on the edge of Greenock and the fire came quite close to their house, I saw it today and there was a lot of ash blown into the patio area

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We dropped stuff off at balaklava and the drive was so scary even though we were allowed to drive there

Hugs girls it's horrible. Summer hasn't even fully kicked in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I saw a video today from a friend in freeling, one moment it was only slightly smokey but the next moment it was as dark as night with an eerie red glow, terrifying footage.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app