+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    Teething? Both my babies got teeth at 6 months and werent themself for a little while until the tooth appeared. I read somewhere that teething can last 3 months before a bub actually gets a tooth?
    I second the teething. About two weeks ago my 5 month old started randomly screaming for no apparent reason and waking in the night screaming. Just not her usual self. After about a week of this out popped a little tooth. It continued for about a week after the tooth popped out too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    Hey @gingermillie

How are you going? Is Bub getting easier? It's pretty hard at this age isn't it. They want to be busy ALL the time! I enjoy morning 'play with feet' time in my bed every morning tho. Makes the world right again.

It's hard as everyone has an opinion on solids and even topping up with formula ( wtf?! - I have no weight or supply issue ) and if I was a weaker person it would wear me down and I'd give in.

It's important to stick to your guns on that one!
    @amiracle4me we're doing really well now thank you πŸ˜€ my DD became a different baby once we started losec for reflux. She has her moments still and doesn't much like sleeping during the day but she doesn't scream anymore and she's a very happy baby now. We've also sorted out her car and pram issues (by buying new ones of each yes πŸ’°) so I have confidence going out now. It's a revelation. I can't believe how bad things were.
    I agree with you that they get bored with their games and toys! My DDs favourite game the past couple of months was what I like to call 'who's that baby in the mirror' - she would shout, smile and go crazy seeing herself in the mirror every day. Now she doesn't even bother looking lol she has moved on. She's loving her o'ball and bamboo muslin face washers - one goes everywhere with her tightly in her hand! And her high chair loves that too.
    Keep us posted as to how she gets on I hope she's back to her happy self soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 5mth old chilled baby suddenly difficult :(

Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    @amiracle4me we're doing really well now thank you πŸ˜€ my DD became a different baby once we started losec for reflux. She has her moments still and doesn't much like sleeping during the day but she doesn't scream anymore and she's a very happy baby now. We've also sorted out her car and pram issues (by buying new ones of each yes πŸ’°) so I have confidence going out now. It's a revelation. I can't believe how bad things were.
    I agree with you that they get bored with their games and toys! My DDs favourite game the past couple of months was what I like to call 'who's that baby in the mirror' - she would shout, smile and go crazy seeing herself in the mirror every day. Now she doesn't even bother looking lol she has moved on. She's loving her o'ball and bamboo muslin face washers - one goes everywhere with her tightly in her hand! And her high chair loves that too.
    Keep us posted as to how she gets on I hope she's back to her happy self soon!
    So glad to hear things are calming down for you. It's hard enough without the added stress of reflux etc!

So, update is she seems back to her old self. I've been really mixing up the activities and being a bit more silly with her which has relaxed us.. I love hearing her laugh so just not caring about the house for a bit and just dancing around the room singing helped. I also cancelled all plans and stayed local to be with her and not worry about turning the car on.

The biggest thing tho was stopping looking at the clock. I think I was stressing out too much about her nap times. The last two days I've not cared when she's napped and she's let me know when she's ready and then has gone down much more easily. Some times it's been up for 2 hours and sometimes 4 but she's not had any crying explosions. Go figure!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (28-11-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (28-11-2015),ScubaGal  (28-11-2015),wobbleyhorse  (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's fabulous .

Read your baby. Not a book.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    That's fabulous .

Read your baby. Not a book.
    Haha! Love that!!

It's so true. I think I was too set on things and routine. We've basically not had a routine all weekend and she's been so easy to put down for a nap once she's really tired.

Admittedly it's 4am and she's playing on the play mat.. Can't win them all lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    Haha! Love that!!

It's so true. I think I was too set on things and routine. We've basically not had a routine all weekend and she's been so easy to put down for a nap once she's really tired.

Admittedly it's 4am and she's playing on the play mat.. Can't win them all lol.
    Hahaha.

Some kids love a strict schedule, others are easy going and the rest are in between. I know my three like a predictable pattern to their days but can manage curve balls thrown their way. It sometimes kills me as I'm a scheduled person but I need to step back and not force it down my kids throats.