+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Get her checked out. My bet it's an ear infection.

On the other note. Catnapping is really common at this age. All three of mine have catnapped till they started crawling then went to two solid naps a day.

I also agree with your decision to delay solids till 6mths.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Get her checked out. My bet it's an ear infection.

On the other note. Catnapping is really common at this age. All three of mine have catnapped till they started crawling then went to two solid naps a day.

I also agree with your decision to delay solids till 6mths.
    Thanks so much for the support 😘

Each to their own but I feel solids have been pushed on me for over a month as its the Holy Grail or something 😞 she's in the 90th percentile for weight and 75 for height so not exactly suffering on breast milk.

I'll make a docs appt.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    Thanks so much for the support 😘

Each to their own but I feel solids have been pushed on me for over a month as its the Holy Grail or something 😞 she's in the 90th percentile for weight and 75 for height so not exactly suffering on breast milk.

I'll make a docs appt.
    Good luck @amiracle4me I hope she's ok and back to her happy self soon nothing worse than a miserable bub. My DD has reflux and one of the main signs at 2 months was being miserable - she even stopped smiling for a couple of weeks 😥
    Just wanted to say I am hearing you on the solids! My DD is 5 months next week and I feel like everyone else's bub is on solids already! I'm going to try baby led weaning which very firmly suggests wait to 6 months. She was a month prem so might even be waiting a touch longer. She has zero interest in food at this stage. She's put on 4kg since birth (gone from 15th to 50th percentile) so similar to your DD she's going great guns on breastmilk!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Solids are over rated at this age. Both my older kids had their sleeps go completely to sh!t when solids started.

One other thing. I was told to start solids as my milk was to fatty!!! My dd2 was 9kg at 6mths old and my gp was convinced I needed to put her on a diet. So told me to put her on solids as she was obese and solids would slim her down.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5mth old chilled baby suddenly difficult :(

Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Good luck @amiracle4me I hope she's ok and back to her happy self soon nothing worse than a miserable bub. My DD has reflux and one of the main signs at 2 months was being miserable - she even stopped smiling for a couple of weeks 😥
    Just wanted to say I am hearing you on the solids! My DD is 5 months next week and I feel like everyone else's bub is on solids already! I'm going to try baby led weaning which very firmly suggests wait to 6 months. She was a month prem so might even be waiting a touch longer. She has zero interest in food at this stage. She's put on 4kg since birth (gone from 15th to 50th percentile) so similar to your DD she's going great guns on breastmilk!!
    Hey @gingermillie

How are you going? Is Bub getting easier? It's pretty hard at this age isn't it. They want to be busy ALL the time! I enjoy morning 'play with feet' time in my bed every morning tho. Makes the world right again.

It's hard as everyone has an opinion on solids and even topping up with formula ( wtf?! - I have no weight or supply issue ) and if I was a weaker person it would wear me down and I'd give in.

It's important to stick to your guns on that one!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5mth old chilled baby suddenly difficult :(

Solids are over rated at this age. Both my older kids had their sleeps go completely to sh!t when solids started.

One other thing. I was told to start solids as my milk was to fatty!!! My dd2 was 9kg at 6mths old and my gp was convinced I needed to put her on a diet. So told me to put her on solids as she was obese and solids would slim her down.
    That's interesting. My DD is 8kg at just 5mths. Huge. We eat very well and I'm a tall thin build and DH is also healthy. God knows where she's getting it from?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

What everyone fails to mention when they tell mums to "just start solids" is that babies don't want to eat!

Are you kidding me? Put food in my mouth?? No thanks he says. Not finger food, not purée, not even the dreaded rice cereal. Everytime I hear someone suggest starting solids I cackle like a madwoman. 😂😂😂😂

We've "started solids". We are a very long way away from eating anything.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (26-11-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-11-2015),wobbleyhorse  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    What everyone fails to mention when they tell mums to "just start solids" is that babies don't want to eat!

Are you kidding me? Put food in my mouth?? No thanks he says. Not finger food, not purée, not even the dreaded rice cereal. Everytime I hear someone suggest starting solids I cackle like a madwoman. 😂😂😂😂

We've "started solids". We are a very long way away from eating anything.
    Lol.. That makes me feel better! Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well.. After asking the other mums in my mothers group it seems all the 5mthers are the same.. One mum has suggested they maybe bored as they have outgrown the toys and activities from before but don't yet have the skills to do more. It actually makes sense now I think back to some of her episodes.
    I'll try some more stimulating games tomorrow and see how we go.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teething? Both my babies got teeth at 6 months and werent themself for a little while until the tooth appeared. I read somewhere that teething can last 3 months before a bub actually gets a tooth?