+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Check out the au pair Facebook page in Perth for current rates.

If you use something measurable to come up with a rate it should be fair for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    I'd pay her. I think I'd negotiate between her, her parents and, of course, me. I think I'd want to pay her around $50 a day, but would be a little bit flexible.

I'd also try really hard to convince her to stay in school, not drop out. But I'd let her continue living with me next year regardless. I wouldn't send her home if she didn't want to, as I'd be concerned that there was something else going on at home if she's choosing to leave her immediate family and friends and come and live with an auntie and uncle interstate.
    There is nothing going on in her home life and we don't live interstate just north of the state. Due to the distance we have lived apart for the past 8 years my niece hasn't seen her cousins or me half as often as all of us would have liked hence why she's keen to take the opportunity and stay for a period of time. Her and I have always been extremely close. I was speaking to her mum last night and she is happy for K to stay as long as she wants to and as long as I need her and am happy to have her. K would like to stay and get a job here (jobs are plentiful so she may have more of a chance of getting a start somewhere) I can get her a start at the pharmacy I work at for a few afternoons a week and on Saturdays I am sure.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 25-11-2015 at 08:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    I think $250 a week is reasonable
    How old are your boys?
    7.5yrs, 4.5yrs and 15mths. They are pretty easy going. If my niece wasn't coming here the 2 younger boys would be going to daycare and my out of pocket would be about $700 for the fortnight and the oldest would be coming to work with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would say at least $250 a week too sounds fair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $250 a week at least sounds very fair and is quite a good deal. Surely that's a lot less than what it would cost for 3 kids in daycare or holiday care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To me it depends on whether you'll be buying additional stuff for her - on top of her food & accom expenses. So eg, if u take her shopping and she says she likes an $60 top in Dotti, would you buy it for her?? I know if it were me I would and hence I'd only give her about $200 'pay' a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having hosted au pairs, 30 hours a week I'd pay $150-$200.

In this case, being 16, I'd be inclined to offer $150/week, plus food and board. I'm sure she'll be included in other activities with the families, so will get other benefits too and shouldn't have to spend much herself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I think her age is definitely relevant.

One other thing to factor in is free use of WIFI. For a 16year old that would add up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes she will be included in family activities etc and of course I would buy her things along the way. She doesn't have facebook or such and doesn't use internet so won't use wifi. She will need credit for her phone in which I will buy on occassions.

Very much looking forward to her company 😃

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (26-11-2015),misho  (25-11-2015),Mokeybear  (25-11-2015),VicPark  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Since you said your eldest would have come to work with you anyway, can you still do that and she'll only be left with 2 kids?.

I wouldn't factor in the cost of the airfare, she's coming down primarily to babysit your kids.