+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think about $300 ish per week. At first I thought as being away from friends she'd have pretty boring 'off time' however as she intends to move to the city anyway this would be a great opportunity for her to scout around for an apprenticeship so it's a win win situation.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What do you think is a fair price.

Are you expecting her to cook and clean then def $50 a day otherwise I would be paying at least $300+ because you don't want her to resent the work if it gets too hard... It's along time looking after 3 kids... Also depends on ages too... I would be paying at least $10 an hour normally and if you had to put the kids in holiday care that would be at least $150 a day so $50 a day isn't a lot considering

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd say at LEAST $250 a week.

If she is there with you looking after your kids, it means she can't really hold down any other job. She needs an income. There is no way in the world I would not pay her, not for 5 days a week for 5 weeks! Especially seeing as she'll be in a different town, and free every afternoon and weekend. She needs money to go and do stuff!
    It doesn't matter that you are paying her food and accommodation, she is family. And whatever you end up choosing to pay her will still be saving you a bucketload compared to childcare fees I'm sure.
    And cost of flights doesn't even factor in at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think $250-$300 a week is fair. I look back to when I was 16 (given it was a fair few years ago) and that would have been a hell of a lot of money. As a pp said she will have afternoons and weekends free so will need money to do her own thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would pay between $350 and $400 a week.
    Looking after 3 kids is hard work and she will definitely earn it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think around $300 per week is fair, keeping in mind that she's 16 years old, has no formal qualifications and all her food/accommodation is paid for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    What 16 year old would have a great time looking after 3 kids? I'm an adult and two is a bloody handful. 16 year olds should be out having fun with their friends in the holidays. I could think of nothing worse as a 16 year old to look after 3 kids. For 5 weeks!! If someone had played the "they're family so you should do it for cheap" card I would tell them to get stuffed.

As a parent I can't believe the 16 year olds mum said not to worry about money. Not something I would do.
    I was a nanny to my cousin at 16 and I loved it. I was just happy to be spending time with him.

My niece offered to help and her mum agreed and I think because I'm family is the reason neither expect me to pay, besides which I have helped my sister in law a lot over the past 16 yrs with my 4 nieces and nephews.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ttc1981 View Post
    Are you expecting her to cook and clean then def $50 a day otherwise I would be paying at least $300+ because you don't want her to resent the work if it gets too hard... It's along time looking after 3 kids... Also depends on ages too... I would be paying at least $10 an hour normally and if you had to put the kids in holiday care that would be at least $150 a day so $50 a day isn't a lot considering
    No I'm not expecting her to cook and clean.
    I was thinking $50 per day and deducting $50 for food.
    I will also be putting half of what I pay her in her bank account.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

ttc1981  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I'm with Vic Park.

Food and board should be for free because she's family. Not she shouldn't be paid because she's family.

2 kids I would say $10 per hour. 3 kids should be $15. At the moment she's probably thinking it will be all fun and games but I think we all know it will be bloody hard work.
    She has 3 younger brothers and sisters and 3 step brothers and sister so I think she has a good idea and will be less chaotic than being home with her 6 siblings

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think $250 a week is reasonable
    How old are your boys?