+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bjcs vs bugaboo donkey

I am after people's experiences with the BJCS and the Bugaboo donkey- which do you prefer and why?
    I have a BJCS and have LOVED it but I'm lusting over the bugaboo donkey and I'm thinking of jumping ship.
    I currently have a 2.75 y/o and an 11 month old. Will be aiming for another baby towards the end of next year so it'll be getting used a lot as a double.

Pros? Cons?
    I do love my BJCS but it's a pain to push with the toddler (16kg) at the front and I can't lay the little baby down facing me with the toddler at the front facing out. Which bugs me.
    Last edited by Lovemysons; 24-11-2015 at 21:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I love my bjcs as I can use it as a single or double. I don't find it hard to steer.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bjcs vs bugaboo donkey

I didn't think it was possible to love a pram so much as I do the Donkey. I have twins and it's seriously a dream. Can be used for one or two babies, love the side shopping basket, steers like a dream, light weight, gets through all doors and hallways. I could go on and on haha

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grace For This Useful Post:

Lovemysons  (26-11-2015),MrsA2B  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I jumped ship from the select to the donkey. The real life configurations of the select drive me nuts. Only thing I don't like about the donkey is its a bulky fold.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sjk For This Useful Post:

Lovemysons  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I adore my donkey! When we go on a long walk or out at the zoo etc, I can chuck on the second seat and mr 4 can ride, otherwise in mono, the side basket is fabulous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the bjcs. At the time I was keen on the donkey. Bjcs won due to the seat being bigger having a larger weight limit.
    If I had twins I would go the donkey as it did just glide and is a beautiful pram.
    Love love the basket on the bjcs...crazy how much I can fit in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really happy with my donkey. I needed a double for my young toddler and new baby. I only considered a side by side. I really do not like the idea of one child being underneath while we are going for a nice walk. Also I wanted it to easily convert to a single because eventually my toddler will be out of the pram and also once a week my toddler is in care so I only have the bub. So with these things in mind, nothing compared with the donkey. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    I didn't think it was possible to love a pram so much as I do the Donkey. I have twins and it's seriously a dream. Can be used for one or two babies, love the side shopping basket, steers like a dream, light weight, gets through all doors and hallways. I could go on and on haha
    What she said! Love love love my Donkey for my twins.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsA2B For This Useful Post:

grace  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all! I've sold my BJCS and am waiting for my donkey to arrive! Can't wait!