+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF & no AF!

Hi all. If you haven't seen me around I am in the midst of my first IVF cycle through RPA. I took provera for 7 days (finished 6 days ago) & synarel for the last 9 days. I am scheduled to start injections on Friday but my period is still a no- show. I'm starting to stress about how this will affect the process. How long did it take you? Does my period need to be complete before starting injections? Any advice would be brilliant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They say it can take up to 7-10 days on average for AF to turn up after your last tablet.

No personal experience, sorry, as my levels were always baseline enough to not have to prompt a bleed prior to cycling.

I hope the witch turns up for you soon so you can start your cycle on time. Good luck on your journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. What do you mean by your levels being baseline? Is it possible mine would be baseline without my period? I have a test in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF & no AF!

I have PCOS, so have irregular cycles and I don't really O by myself. As a result, my oestrogen and LH levels were usually quite low enough, plus a thinner lining in the first few weeks, to start a cycle without prompting a bleed (if they were high enough to be building up to O, then you'd need provera).

It really depends on why you're needing treatment to ascertain whether the same would apply for you. 🙂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine took ages.... Allow right up to the 10 days after last tablet before questioning it. Your body always delays the one time you want her to hurry!! 😅

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    One of my cycles I took provera - AF didn't arrive until 6 days after I stopped the provera & then my hormones weren't baseline (I think my oestrogen was too high?) so I couldn't proceed with the cycle, had to wait until my next "natural" AF about 4 weeks later to start my cycle. I was devo at the time, but that delayed cycle was my successful one.
    In hindsight it was much better waiting a few weeks to have a better chance at success.
    Not saying this will be the case for you, but with IVF you really have to just roll with it & accept things don't always go to a schedule.
    You normally start the injections on day 2-3 of a cycle so yes you would still be bleeding.
    Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much ladies. I went for my test this morning to check the hormone levels (still no AF) & was told I'd have to do what you did Rosey, if they hadn't gone down. Luckily, my period came today & I got a call this afternoon saying my levels were fine and I can go ahead with fsh on Friday!!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amywantsababy For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (25-11-2015),Shrillian  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's great news! Good luck with your cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excellent!! Best of luck for your cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started on gonal f today - pretty exciting! Just wondering if any of you ladies have had side effects on this? I had a terrible headache all day.