Wwyd - wedding styles | Page 3 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How close are they? If he wasn't marrying a trollop would he go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    How close are they? If he wasn't marrying a trollop would he go?
    To be honest, given the other circumstances probably not.

I mean no offence to them, but we have been saving super hard for our honeymoon, and we don't think it's fair we should use that money for them.

I should add DF hasn't seen his brother in 2 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Honestly, if you both don't want to go (and especially because your DF doesn't want to go), I think you have valid reasons to decline.

Your DF needs to tell his brother it's too much of a financial strain to go over a month after you've both just flown over for Xmas. You need to keep saving for your own wedding/honeymoon, and attending would set you back on your saving goals.

Considering what happened recently in their relationship, who knows if the marriage will even go ahead come January? Imagine you paid for everything and she ran off with the other dude again? I'd hardly call their foundations for marriage rock solid.

My SIL and BIL (who are now divorced) had a destination wedding and both DH and I and even MIL couldn't afford to attend at the time - legitimately. I'm sure SIL was a little sad (as were we), but she never expressed any hard feelings that her family couldn't be there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would go. Family comes first even if it's inconvenient.

I flew solo with 3 kids (5&3yo with 4wk old) interstate for my MILs 60th bday. Met dh at tullamarine airport, then hired a car and drove 4hrs to their farm. Then back again within 4 days.

It's was expensive and tiring (exhausting) but ultimately worth it as the kids have memories that will last them a lifetime.

If I was you , I'd insist on dh going. My dh would have skipped his own mums bday if I didn't put my foot down. She was thrilled that we came. It made her day.