+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh wow I didn't know it was so expensive.

When I had it (twice, many years apart) the doctor cut off 4 oral contraceptive pills and two maxolon tablets. I had to take them 12 hours apart.

I think it should be free.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    This is interesting. I've never thought of the long term effects - do you know of any studies that indicate this could be an issue?
    @~Marigold~ I wonder about the impact of the cost too - to, say, a 15 year old girl, $30 is a lot of money. Some days I wouldn't be able to scrape that together either.

ETA I don't even know if I have a problem if people abuse it. I'm not sure how prevalent it actually is, and I suspect the 'abusers' do so anyway even with the cost. But if it makes it more accessible to all I think it's ok to cop that anyway.
    I remember reading that you must over 18 to get it over the counter? And it is also not recommended for teenagers aged 16 and under as no conclusive testing has been done on the affects for that age group?
    Anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    This made me laugh so much. So so much. Just imagining an IKEA grand opening style frenzy of teenage boys lining up at chemists on Free Condom Day...
    Lol. That's kind of the image I had myself - I was imagining the reactions of my brothers and their friends when they were teenagers if they'd been given the opportunity for free condoms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's a very grey area over what the cutoff age is the youngest the map can be sold to. All the clinical trials were done on adults so there is no conclusive evidence it is safe in under 16's. Then you have the tricky issue that 16 is the age of consent. As Pharmacists we are told to use our discretion for under 16's requesting the map. Me personally I have never denied a sale of the map, whatever age of the customer.
    Should it be free? Yes probably. 99% of people I have sold it to seem to take it very seriously, I don't think there is a huge problem with abuse of the map in general.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (24-11-2015)