+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I would include condoms on this too... but I know that there would be a sudden increase in people wasting them - using them for balloons, etc.
    This made me laugh so much. So so much. Just imagining an IKEA grand opening style frenzy of teenage boys lining up at chemists on Free Condom Day...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    @Moxy do you include condoms in that?
    Yep. Basic ones, not your fancy pants ones.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

harvs  (24-11-2015),~Marigold~  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm kinda on the side of it being a script required medication though. As someone mentioned before people abuse it and use it as contraception. It's meant for emergencies only and taking it so regularly can't be good for you. What if taking it so regularly ruins your fertility for the future?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gamermummy For This Useful Post:

harvs  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Morning After Pill $

Quote Originally Posted by gamermummy View Post
    I'm kinda on the side of it being a script required medication though. As someone mentioned before people abuse it and use it as contraception. It's meant for emergencies only and taking it so regularly can't be good for you. What if taking it so regularly ruins your fertility for the future?
    This is interesting. I've never thought of the long term effects - do you know of any studies that indicate this could be an issue?
    @~Marigold~ I wonder about the impact of the cost too - to, say, a 15 year old girl, $30 is a lot of money. Some days I wouldn't be able to scrape that together either.

ETA I don't even know if I have a problem if people abuse it. I'm not sure how prevalent it actually is, and I suspect the 'abusers' do so anyway even with the cost. But if it makes it more accessible to all I think it's ok to cop that anyway.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Morning After Pill $

I paid $35 for it back in 2004 and we had to scrape together that ( terrible times)

I think it should be free for any women as long as they aren't abusing it (as in using to often) so maybe a data base set up
    Last edited by bunkx; 24-11-2015 at 18:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, no info it was just a thought I had. I dunno why they wouldn't just buy condoms though, aren't they like $7? If you use the MAP multiple times a month it's a large cost and an unneeded tablet. I can understand once in a blue moon for something unplanned, but too many times can't be good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pay for my Dd 18 's pill but soon she moves out to uni and I know funds will be tight. I really do think all contraception should be free .. I feel for ppl who can't afford it ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    you can (or used to be able to) get the generic pill brands that were $3 (this is back in the day, I'm sure prices have kept up with inflation lol). that price was for the more generic ones I think and didn't apply to all brands, but it was still very affordable, even for students.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely an issue.
    I paid $26 about 10 years ago. My partner and I were both high school students, and had to borrow the money from a friend. I think at the time it was free from a sexual health clinic or a hospital.

I definitely think it ought to be free. If somebody's going to use that as their main form of contraception, then there are probably greater things to worry about than how the MAP will affect them long-term.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (24-11-2015),misskittyfantastico  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    you can (or used to be able to) get the generic pill brands that were $3 (this is back in the day, I'm sure prices have kept up with inflation lol). that price was for the more generic ones I think and didn't apply to all brands, but it was still very affordable, even for students.
    Yes, I think you can get the generic brand but with a health care card? But there might be times when, even being on the pill, a MAP is required. Or even when using condoms.